PROJECT COORDINATOR / PRODUCT OWNER (Engineering development)
Under the authority of the Project Management Office (PMO) supervisor, the Product Owner will be responsible for managing and coordinating Engineering projects within the Research & Development (R&D) department; Projects are multidisciplinary in nature, having involvement of one or more of the following functional groups: software, firmware, electronics, and mechanical development teams.
• Establish & monitor R&D project schedules, budgets, performance and quality objectives for several projects at a time
• Participate in the elaboration of processes and estimating of schedule, budget & manpower for new R&D projects , in collaboration with the Project Management Office and the different stakeholders such as Product Management
• Actively participate in the elaboration and implementation of new project development and project follow-up processes, ensure they are maintained up to date and foster continuous improvement of these processes
• Establish and maintain meetings with the different stakeholders of his projects gathering and understanding their requirements in order to communicate them efficiently through writing efficient Product Backlog Items.
• Responsible for maintaining and prioritizing the product backlog of his projects,
• On assigned projects, hold regular project meetings to discuss project status, moderate any issues or highlight to management, plan upcoming milestones and coordinate overall project to completion, including New Product Introduction (NPI) into Operations
• Participate in coordinating tasks between members of different teams and assure their continued follow up to completion
• Compile all necessary information and prepare weekly and/or monthly project progress reports; in some cases coordinating the information on projects not under direct responsibility
• Create and consolidate bi-weekly and monthly reports of actual costs and planned costs of projects. Proactively highlight developing issues when expected remaining effort will exceed approved costs
• Participate in gathering information and writing SR&ED reports
• Perform any related duty requested by his manager, by senior management or required by the position
• Solid experience in project management and work team coordination
• Experience in Agile / SCRUM framework for project development is an asset
• Scrum Master and / or Product Owner certification an asset
• Experience with Earned Value Management and its different Performance Indices
• PMP certification is an asset
• Three to five years experience in a product development environment
• Knowledge of product management tools and software
• Experience in a multidisciplinary Engineering environment involving Software, Firmware, Electronics and Mechanical Hardware an asset
• Experience in writing SR&ED reports by formulating complex principles into simple terms
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot Table with large volumes of data)
• Strong aptitudes in oral and written communications in both official languages
• Strong adaptability, capable of handling several projects and other tasks such as validating time info & updating budget files simultaneously
• Good team player, good interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership
• Strong customer focus.
Kaba Ilco is a global leader in electronic access solutions for the lodging industry. With over 150 years of research and development, through his brands ILCO and Saflok, the company covers all the lodging industry needs in regards to electronic locks and access control systems. Based in Montreal, Kaba Ilco has several offices in the United States and is present worldwide through its subsidiaries. The company is also represented by an extensive network of distributors who have the Kaba expertise and certification.
Kaba Ilco owes its success to the involvement of working men and women, employees who contribute to developing a culture focused on service, collaboration and continuous improvement. It is therefore natural that the company values entrepreneurship and encourages all initiatives promoting the contributions to a common effort and professional development.
Member of the Kaba Group, Kaba Ilco strives to combine the advantages of a large organization and the benefits of SME’s (proximity, consistency and personalized service).
Visit our Web site at www.kaba-ilco.com.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.