A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Within the programming team, the NC programmer is responsible to program the machining on numerical control machine tools. The programmer is also responsible to ensure the smooth running of programs and continuously seeks to improvement.
• Interpret technical drawings
• Define the methodology for machining the part
• Programming tools various machines 2-5 axes using Catia v5
• Check and make changes to the geometry of the 3D model
• Select appropriate cutting tools for optimum results
• Generate clear and accurate documentation necessary for product realization
• Analyze and develop new manufacturing methods to improve productivity and quality;
• Test cutting tools and write reviews.
• College degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent combination of work and experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in CNC programming
• Knowledge of CATIA V5
• Good knowledge of Code-G language and MS Office (Word, Excel)
• Solid understanding of machining processes and techniques
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a multidisciplinary team
• Knowledge of French and English (written and spoken).
Since 1950, Velan has been a world-leader in the design and manufacturing of cast and forged steel valves for a wide range of industries. We offer a broad product portfolio including gate, globe, check, ball, triple-offset butterfly, and steam traps, offering superior performance across all major industrial applications.
Our headquarters are based in Montreal, and we employ almost 2,000 people worldwide. We have 14 production facilities including four plants in North America, five plants in Europe, and five plants in Asia. Our main R&D interests include wear and corrosion protection for pipe and valve applications.
Velan’s well-established global supply chain and manufacturing footprint, as well as its proven know-how, enable us to deliver valve solutions that resolve the most complex technical and operational challenges.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.