A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Acting as a process engineer, you will be involved in the development and optimization of broadband electro-optic components manufacturing processes. From the early testing phase to the complete product transfer to a contract manufacturer, your contribution will be essential in the development and validation of all the manufacturing steps. Considered as a reference in the domain, your participation will also be required in the design phases of the products or systems. Part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will have to collaborate with scientists and other disciplines of engineering on a regular basis. This position requires autonomy, adaptability and a strong desire for innovation and problem solving skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and test various micro assembly strategies while considering all the constraints and limitations associated to the product;
• Ensure that the manufacturing strategy will allow the product to successfully meet the specifications and pass the various certifications;
• Define and document all the process to ease transition to production;
• Perform statistical process control (SPC) on the pilot lines;
• Execute destructive test, analyze results and evaluate process performances;
• With other expert in the team, participate in developing custom jigs or apparatus for critical assembly steps;
• As part of the team, contribute to establish the group priorities on a weekly basis
Required Qualifications / Profile
• Minimum of engineering degree or equivalent studies with specific training in manufacturing or engineering degree with significant work experience in process development;
• 3 to 6 years work experience in a relevant field;
• Hands-on experience in establishing process control monitoring
• Basic knowledge of high speed opto-electronic devices such as modulators or photo-detectors is a plus;
• Practical experience with micro assembly technology such as wafer dicing, wire bonding, flip chip bonding, die bonding and optical alignment.
• Excellent team work and communication skills;
• Excellent mastery of French and/or English both written and oral.
Québec, Québec, Canada
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.