A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Mackay Communications is Canada’s largest marine electronics service company with over 30 service depots in eleven (11) countries, including every major port in Canada and America. For over fifty (50) years Mackay has sold, installed, and serviced navigation and communication equipment onboard commercial and naval ships. We sustain our industry-leading position by hiring only the most skilled candidates, investing in their continuous factory training, and providing them with full technical/ parts and administrative support. The goal is to provide superior results to our customers and in turn, superior careers for our employees.
We currently have two (2) openings for Marine Service Technicians in our Quebec location.
Under limited supervision, the technician will install, service, and repair electronic equipment on board fishing boats and commercial and naval and ships (depending on the location).Test, adjust, and troubleshoot components, PCBs, sub-assemblies, and antennas. As well as, loading, updating, and modifying software. Utilize their knowledge of electronic theory and circuitry to address a variety of technical problems. They will make intelligent use of complex schematics, blueprints, and manuals to accurately achieve assignments. Upon completing the assignment, the technician will compose a detailed service report.
Types of equipment serviced:
• HF and VHF Radios
• 2+ Years of experience as a Service Technician in the Navy or Canadian Coast Guard or,
• 3+ Years of experience as a Service Technician in the commercial or fishing industry
• Graduated from a recognized institution in the Electronics field.
• PC proficiency.
• Strong knowledge of electronics theory and application.
• GMDSS Radio Operator License preferred, but not mandatory.
• Have a valid driver’s license
• Be physically fit. Work environment often involves carrying 40–50 lbs., climbing ladders and masts, and exposure to weather.
• Overtime work may be required.
• Some travel required to job locations and training courses.
Mackay offers a competitive salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience. Pension, medical and dental benefits are provided. Please submit your resume, along with your salary expectations. No phone calls please!
Mackay is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a veterans-friendly organization, and veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada and pass a thorough background check.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.