A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The manufacturing engineer works at our emergency lighting products and printed circuit boards manufacturing plant. The engineer’s primary mandate is to manage projects related to the improvement of manufacturing processes and support the introduction of new products and technologies. He/she shall act as a liaison between the departments of design and production.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage various projects to improve operational processes.
- Manage various projects on the production floor related to the assembly of products, new equipment and/or product introduction.
- Plan, establish timelines and perform required follow-ups with all people involved.
- Act as a liaison between product design and production departments: pilot, process failure mode and effects analysis (PFMEA), etc.
- Participate in designs for assembly (DFA) and analyze proposed changes.
- Support the production team in achieving their daily mandate: create and update work instructions and methods, optimize tools, manage standard times, etc.
- Other related tasks or projects.
- Bachelor degree in engineering (manufacturing, industrial, mechanical)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in optimization of operational processes, using Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Good computer skills (Office, Access, MRP)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Good team spirit and leadership
- Developed problem-solving skills
- Very good communication skills
- Bilingualism is essential, French and English, spoken and written
- Knowledge of Autocad software, an asset
Thomas & Betts, a Member of the ABB Group, is the North American leader in the manufacturing of electrical connectors, components and accessories, including emergency lighting. We've attained that position thanks to our 1,600 employees and sound guiding principles: team spirit and continuous improvement. Every day, we target excellence and, to achieve it, we count on our leadership and open communication with everyone – employees, clients and suppliers.
Wherever electricity goes, so does Thomas & Betts.
We are committed to employment equity.
For further details about our company, please visit our website at www.tnb.ca.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.