A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
This is a junior level position in the Mechanical Production group. Suggest methods relating to production and support the Manufacturing group during the assembly phase. This position requires substantial supervision from superior level positions.
1. Suggests assembly methods for mechanical components of simple or intermediate complexity.
2. Writes routings according to the approved process in effect for parts/assemblies for which he is accountable.
3. Transfers routings to production orders and performs a follow-up of their manufacturing.
4. Ensures traceability capture in the work order during production phase
5. Follows the production schedule by identifying the deviations and by suggesting the contingency plans.
6. Helps the assemblers by performing detailed reviews during production (production milestones, tollgate).
7. Integrates the rework procedure due to non-conformances (NCR, DIN, SNAG, DR, TNR, ECN) to the right work orders and ensures follow-up according to established dispositions.
8. Assists the upper-level technologists in their tasks by supporting the ongoing project activities.
9. Collaborates to the maintenance of efficiency in production laboratories and suggests improvements.
10. Can provide technical support to external machine shops (OSV).
11. Performs other discipline related duties, as required.
Knowledge of production techniques and mechanical assembly processes.
Basic knowledge of mechanical assembly tools, manufacturing processes and machining tools. Knowledge of Microsoft software and one ERP database.
Education: D.E.C. in Mechanical Technology or the equivalent.
Experience: 2 to 3 years of relevant experience.
Linguistic Level: Fluent in French and English
MDA is a world leader in the design of advanced Space systems and supplier of innovative Space hardware products serving commercial, scientific and government needs. As the prime contractor for the Canadian Space Programme, MDA Space Missions is Canada’s foremost high-tech engineering company. With technical excellence as our core competence, MDA is also recognised in the international Space community for delivering state-of-the-art communications payloads and remote sensing satellites, and has an unrivalled record in the area of Space robotics and manned Space applications. Our multidisciplinary staff implement some of the world’s most complex and challenging Space projects. In today’s competitive market MDA continues to lead the Space industry in key critical technologies such as antenna design, digital electronics and mobile communications.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.