A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The technician will participate in various activities related to occupational health, safety and environment as well as to human resources. Autodidact, well organized and detail oriented, the technician must excel in documentation and data compliance. Having experience and a marked interest in the manufacturing industry, the technician will participate in and coordinate various projects, in close collaboration with the operations teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in the activities related to ISO and OSHA certification.
- Participate in the compliance of the company with the standards and laws by putting into place monitoring controls and measures, regarding health and safety as well as of environment.
- Responsible for the reports to the governmental, corporate and other (NPRI, MDDELCC) bodies.
- Carry out the inspections and audits, analyze the results, and issue the corrective actions.
- Carry out the ergonomic analyses, ensure the putting into place of the corrective actions and necessary documentation.
- Coordinate the activities of the environment and francization committees, and participate actively in the health and safety committee.
- Propose solutions for reducing rubbish in the aim of maintaining the ICI on recycle certification and improving the waste recycling rate.
- Ensure the compliance of controlled product management and the update of the documentation.
- Act as a consultant with the management team and employees, and provide them services within the required timeframes.
- Responsible for the regulatory training plans (Controlled products, forklift operators, first-aid workers, Lockout protocol, Transport of hazardous materials, Respiratory protection, Fit test).
- Official and certified instructor (Controlled products, Lockout protocol, Respiratory protection).
- Participate in the machine safety program.
- Replace the administrative assistant, occasionally, and participate in the hourly pay process.
- Orientation training (new employee, student) – OHSE Guide.
- Responsibilities of the following programs/topics: "Mon corps mon outil" [my body, my tool];
"Substances contrôlées et interdites" [controlled and prohibited substances]; "Produits contrôlés" [controlled products]; "Matières dangereuses résiduelles (MDR)" [residual hazardous materials]; "Équipement de protection individuel - EPI" [personal protection equipment] (mask, glasses/goggles, gloves, shoes); "Sous-traitants" [sub-contractors]; "Micro pause" [micro break]
- DEC in Administration or in Environment, Occupational Health and/or Safety.
- Knowledge and/or relevant experience (environment, occupational health and safety).
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows environment.
- Knowledge of SAP and AS-400 computer systems an asset.
- Bilingualism: French and English, spoken and written.
- Good communication skills.
- Highly developed analytical and logical skills.
- Thorough, concise, organized, team spirit.
Thomas & Betts, a Member of the ABB Group, is the North American leader in the manufacturing of electrical connectors, components and accessories, including emergency lighting. We've attained that position thanks to our 1,600 employees and sound guiding principles: team spirit and continuous improvement. Every day, we target excellence and, to achieve it, we count on our leadership and open communication with everyone – employees, clients and suppliers.
Wherever electricity goes, so does Thomas & Betts.
We are committed to employment equity.
For further details about our company, please visit our website at www.tnb.ca.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.