A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, you must promote health, safety and environment at work (HSE) in order to create a healthy and safe work environment for all employees, suppliers, clients and visitors. The incumbent will help the company implement prevention measures that are required to ensure the success of an OHS management system. He must also make sure that all applicable laws and standards are respected.
As a member of the management committee, you will be responsible for the orientation and leadership of your peers, managers and internal clients and you will help promote and maintain a strong HSE culture where collective success is based on individual commitment and involvement in order to minimize risks.
- Establish a clear vision and implement prevention programs and plans that will contribute to a culture of excellence in HSE;
- Make sure key performance indicators (KPIs) are updated, followed through and maintained and ensure that measures are taken in order to increase performance with regard to HSE;
- Analyze and monitor trends regarding accidents, incidents, inspections, audits and corrective measures and keep the management team informed;
- Act as a coach and advisor concerning HSE management;
- Manage the event notification, inquiry and analysis program and help manage returns to work;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of various HSE programs and procedures (ergonomics, lockout, inspections and scheduled audits, etc.) and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Organize activities to promote employee awareness, increase their participation and encourage the adoption of safe behaviors.
- Ensure the maintenance of the HSE management system (ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001) and participate in internal and external audits (OHSAS 18001, government agencies and insurance partners, depending on needs).
Education and Experience:
- University diploma in Environment or Health and Safety and (or) Certificate or other relevant diploma
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar position, in an industrial environment
- Excellent knowledge of all applicable HSE laws, regulations and standards;
- Strong knowledge of ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 standards, directives and specifications, OHSAS auditor’s certification is an asset;
- Directed towards behavioural systems at work;
- Knowledge of industrial hygiene;
- Professional certifications in safety (CRSP, CSP, CIH, etc.) are an asset;
- Bilingualism is mandatory (French and English).
- Strategic thinking skills – search for original solutions
- Ability to help department leaders implement preventive and corrective measures efficiently and to intervene promptly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relations abilities.
- Act as a change agent.
- Leadership, good influential and mobilizing skills with interveners, team spirit.
Thomas & Betts, a Member of the ABB Group, is the North American leader in the manufacturing of electrical connectors, components and accessories, including emergency lighting. We've attained that position thanks to our 1,600 employees and sound guiding principles: team spirit and continuous improvement. Every day, we target excellence and, to achieve it, we count on our leadership and open communication with everyone – employees, clients and suppliers.
Wherever electricity goes, so does Thomas & Betts.
We are committed to employment equity.
For further details about our company, please visit our website at www.tnb.ca.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.