Summary of the responsibilities :
The incumbent is a member of the Mount Royal Health & Safety team and reports to the Health, Safety & Environment Manager. Acting as a change agent in the implementation of a strong Health & Safety culture, the incumbent is essentially responsible for implementing, managing and supporting the plant with respect to Corporate programs and governmental Health & Safety regulation. This person manages 3 employees in charge of prevention activities but also the fire brigade. This person manages 2 employees in charge of prevention activities but also teams of employees. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Develop, optimize, implement and manage the preventive and corrective interventions conducted by employees, committees or external firms;
- Promote and ensure the application of the Health & Safety procedures in the daily operations on site;
- Ensure the risk management and the investigation process in case of incident;
Update the Health & Safety documentation (policies, programs, procedures, work instructions and others);
- Act as a contact for audits, reports and follows-up in managing actions to be put in place;
- Develop training and coaching activities, facilitate the activities and ensure the transfer of Health & Safety competencies.
- University Degree related to Health & Safety or equivalent;
- Technical expertise : knowledgeable in H&S laws, regulations and institutions;
- Experience : more than 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with best practices in Health & Safety;
- People or team management position and experience of project management;
- Fire brigade management experience (an asset)
- Environmental degree and experience (an asset);
- Bilingual ability – French and English – in speaking and writing;
- Computer abilities: MS Office and ability to use different computerized applications;
- Competencies and skills: is focused on results, is able to manage a cultural change, to work efficiently, to analyze and solve problems, to communicate, to build and maintain efficient partnerships and to coach people and/or teams.
ABOUT THE KRAFT HEINZ COMPANY
The Kraft Heinz Company (NASDAQ: KHC) is the third-largest food and beverage company in North America and the fifth-largest food and beverage company in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands. A globally trusted producer of delicious foods, The Kraft Heinz Company provides high quality, great taste and nutrition for all eating occasions whether at home, in restaurants or on the go. The Company’s iconic brands include Kraft, Heinz, ABC, Capri Sun, Classico, Jell-O, Kool-Aid, Lunchables, Maxwell House, Ore-Ida, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Planters, Plasmon, Quero, Weight Watchers Smart Ones and Velveeta. The Kraft Heinz Company is dedicated to the sustainable health of our people, our planet and our Company. For more information, visit www.kraftheinzcompany.com.
Kraft Canada Inc. and H.J. Heinz Company of Canada LP are part of the Kraft Heinz Group of Companies.
Kraft Heinz in Canada: Headquartered in Toronto, Kraft Heinz in Canada has an unparalleled portfolio of powerful and iconic brands. With $2.7 bn in retail sales (2014) Kraft Heinz in Canada combined is the #1 food and beverage organization in Canada with three world class manufacturing facilities: St. Mary’s, ON; Ingleside, ON; Mount Royal, PQ.
A Platform for Performance This historic transaction unites two powerful businesses and iconic brands, and provides a platform for leadership in the food industry, both domestically and internationally.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.