Position: Health and Safety Specialist
Salary: $25 - $30 per hour
Perks: great company
Job Type: 1-year contract
Our client, a well-known company in the food industry, is looking for a Health and Safety Specialist to work in their Lachine division. 4 of the 5 days will be in Chambly with a salary of $25 – 30 per hour. Working this 1-year contract means gaining excellent experience.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a new Health and Safety program
- Train employees on the new program
- Act as an expert in Health and Safety in the workplace
- Train, advise, supervise and oversee Management regarding their OHS responsibilities
- Manage regional injury claims in the workplace and the process of Return to Work (RTW)
- Communicate regularly with health professionals, injured employees and Management
- Appeal decisions made from complaints
- Work closely with the Workers’ Compensation Board
- Follow up on progress and inform the Management and employees in workers’ compensation
- University degree in OHS or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in OHS in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Experience working in a syndicated environment
- Bilingualism (French/English)
- Ability to travel between the various warehouses
Please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we're a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial
Founded in 1968 in Montréal, Quantum has established a strong reputation as the full-service human resource partner of choice for providing unique and effective recruitment solutions that meet our clients complex staffing needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality, to client services and to our staff has propelled Quantum to its top position as the largest privately- owned and operated Canadian recruitment firm.
Quantum is a true success story. Initially supplying computer professionals and support staff to government agencies, chartered banks, airlines and major corporations, Quantum’s portfolio quickly expanded to include a full range of permanent, temporary and contract recruiting services in all disciplines, from entry level to senior management, in every business sector. Its rapid growth has resulted in the formation of 14 branch offices throughout North America with primary hubs centered in Canada’s major labour markets.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.