A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The Global Business Development Manager works to improve the market position and achieve financial growth of the Communication division. This person participates in defining long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, identifies vertical market partnership and Channel opportunities, and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The Global Business Development Manager works in a senior sales position within the company. He works with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue for the organization. To achieve this, he needs to find potential new customers, presents to them, ultimately converts them into clients, and continues to grow business in the future. He can be asked to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
Business Strategy & Development
• Identify partnership strategy for the communication division;
• Identify Sales channels in the vertical market;
• Work with product management and program management teams to define the strategic plan to meet the growth objectives;
• Attend various events and shows and act as speaker;
• Develop communications markets: identify potential customers and maintain networking;
• Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications and announcements;
• Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discover and explore opportunities;
• Ensure strong linkages between Business Development/Sales and Marketing;
• Develop strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations, examine risks and potentials, estimate partners' needs and goals;
• Manage Partners (ISV);
• Maintain a strategic customer focus, develop positive customer relationships;
• Coordinate the effort of regional resources to maximise KAM’s performance;
• Understand and translate business needs/demands into Kontron solutions;
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain personal networks, participate in professional organizations;
• Support the sales teams to identify target accounts into their territory;
• Visit customers, introduce the company, its products and services;
• Obtain request for quotes (RFI/RFQ/RFP) and bids from communication customers;
• Follow-up on customer meetings;
• Report customer feedback and needs to the communication Business unit;
• All other related tasks.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or the equivalent;
• Experience: 10 years in the telecom markets, 10 years of Sales support or business development;
• Knowledge: Excellent knowledge of Service provider market and Data Center, very good knowledge of SDN/NFV, very good knowledge of Openstack;
• Assets: Knowledge of the products and technologies of one or more communication manufacturers;
• Languages: Fluent English, functional French;
• Others: Availability for frequent business trips.
WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER INTERESTING BENEFITS, SUCH AS:
• An advantageous collective insurance plan;
• A collective RRSP program;
• A full payment of pertinent training and education programs;
• Personal days in addition to annual vacations;
• A company concern of a good balance between work-family-personal life;
• On-site cafeteria;
• Social and sports activities for all tastes;
• A modern building with new office furniture and state of the art equipment;
• And much more…
Canada J7H 0A4
Fax: (450) 437-8053
Kontron Canada is a member of Kontron Group, one of the world's largest suppliers of embedded computer technology. We have a diversified customer base covering virtually all industries. Kontron's ability to service global customers in markets that move at light speed is strengthened through business groups and facilities across Asia, Canada, Europe and the United States. Combining the strengths and means of a multinational corporation with the flexibility and human touch of a family business makes us successful.
What we offer has a lot to do with our success: a welcoming and energetic team, a healthy and friendly work environment, state-of-the-art work equipment, as well as exciting career opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will contact only selected candidates.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.