Reporting to the Electronic Engineering Manager, the incumbent is responsible to design, implement and debug electronic circuits while simultaneously meet schedule and quality objectives.
• Design, implement and debug electronic circuits and simultaneously meet Kaba’s standards and quality objectives
• Responsible for all phases of product development from the review of new product specifications up to providing support to manufacturing.
• Prepare product design specifications, detailed test specifications and developing strategies to best address potential issues.
• Work in a multidisciplinary design team to achieve the common goal of product release.
• Ensure the achievement of project schedules, budgets and product costs
• Participate in efforts to continuously improve engineering practices
• Perform any other task related to the position.
• Electrical / Electronic Engineering degree
• 5 years of experience in electronics design
• Good knowledge of electronics design and test
• Experience with analog and digital circuit design
• Experience with 32-bit microcontrollers design
• Experience in low power management on battery operated devices
• Experience with electronic design tools including PCB layout (experience with Altium designer is a major asset)
• Fully versed in design methodologies including comprehensive documentation
• Experience in RFID reader/encoder design is an asset
• Experience in Wireless (Zigbee, BLE) design is an asset
• OIQ member
• Good communication skills in both written and spoken (French and English),
• Strong organizational skills, capacity to lead and follow several projects simultaneously,
• Great adaptability to remain effective under pressure,
• Team player, good interpersonal skills with leadership qualities, and strong customer focus.
Kaba Ilco is a global leader in electronic access solutions for the lodging industry. With over 150 years of research and development, through his brands ILCO and Saflok, the company covers all the lodging industry needs in regards to electronic locks and access control systems. Based in Montreal, Kaba Ilco has several offices in the United States and is present worldwide through its subsidiaries. The company is also represented by an extensive network of distributors who have the Kaba expertise and certification.
Kaba Ilco owes its success to the involvement of working men and women, employees who contribute to developing a culture focused on service, collaboration and continuous improvement. It is therefore natural that the company values entrepreneurship and encourages all initiatives promoting the contributions to a common effort and professional development.
Member of the Kaba Group, Kaba Ilco strives to combine the advantages of a large organization and the benefits of SME’s (proximity, consistency and personalized service).
Visit our Web site at www.kaba-ilco.com.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.