A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Carries out the planning, conception and execution of drawings to meet operational requirements and to provide for long term reliability of the infrastructure and equipment. Performs inspection of mechanical construction works to ensure conformance with contracts, drawings, specifications and regulations.
HIGHLIGHT OF DUTIES:
• Create, maintain and verify drawings using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) technology ensuring quality of content, compliance with standards and presentation
• Inspect and oversee mechanical construction work to ensure technical compliance, conformance with contracts, specifications, adjustments, regulations and site & equipment safety
• Act as a liaison between internal and external services including contractors
• Produce detailed designs for structures, systems & equipment including performing calculations, material specifications, design briefs etc.
• Prepare reports
• College diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
• Certification with the Ordre des Technologues du Québec considered an Asset;
• A minimum of six (6) years of experience in the design of computer-assisted drawings and the inspection of construction work;
• Knowledge of the applicable procedures, rules, standards and safe working practices with respect to performing duties;
• Strong knowledge of drawing techniques, design, inspection, and framework/structure construction;
• Proficiency in applicable computer applications, tools and related office software (i.e. CAD software, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project etc);
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both official languages;
• Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
• Ability to design, draw and draft technical specifications;
• Work in an environment focused on client service, quality and teamwork.
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours
At the St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation, you’re in the heart of the action!
With our extensive marine transportation network, you will have the opportunity to expand your abilities and talents in an environment that embraces leading-edge technology, a strong business and customer service focus, and a team dedicated to safety and environmental protection.
Would you like to maximize your talents while building a rewarding career? The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation will take you far!
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.