A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Reporting to the Continuous Improvement Manager, this role will be responsible for driving performance of our lead-acid battery recycling plant through identification and implementation of continuous improvement projects. The CI Engineer will aid in the execution of multi-year plans that ensure long term cost effectiveness for the organization. Additionally, the CI Engineer will work collaboratively with local key stakeholders including process owners, operations leaders and front-line employees to achieve organizational efficiency.
Why join the continuous improvement team?
Are you looking to be a part of a small team that has the ability to impact change? Are you keenly interested in manufacturing processes and understanding how things work? The continuous improvement team is looking to expand its team of lean practitioners in order to spread the knowledge of six sigma and achieve results.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities to generate increased profitability through cost reduction or revenue enhancement
• Lead initiatives through use of six sigma methodology
• Work with operations to introduce good manufacturing practices and KPIs
• Act as a leader in continuous improvement
• Participate in larger scope projects within Terrapure
• Assist CI Manager in execution and project management of initiatives
• Support, mentor and develop employees at all levels of the organization on continuous improvement techniques and tools
• Work with front-line employees to achieve improved communication and understanding of six sigma methodology
• Develop and maintain trusted relationships with the operations team
Experience, Qualifications & Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering, or related field
• 3-5 years’ experience working in a continuous improvement manufacturing setting
• Strong track record in managing complex business transformation projects driving change and achieving tangible benefits.
• Fully bilingual (French and English)
• Six sigma black belt preferred
• Solid problem solving and analytic skills (i.e., can conduct root cause analysis, make recommendations, and track results)
• Ability to influence others and manage difficult situations
• Superior written, oral, communication and presentation skills required
• Strong planning, organization and time management skills
• Very well versed with MS Office, primarily Excel, Project and Visio
• Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation and creative ability
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
Terrapure Environmental (formerly the Industrial Division of Calgary-based Newalta Corp.) is a leading Canadian provider of innovative, cost-effective environmental services and recycling solutions that help address industry’s most complex environmental challenges. Headquartered in Burlington, Ont., Terrapure employs 900 people and operates an integrated network of 33 government-regulated facilities from coast to coast.
With an unwavering focus on health and safety excellence, the company provides services that minimize waste and maximize the recovery or recycling of valuable industrial by-products through its facility network and on customer sites. This includes a used lubricating oil re-refinery in North Vancouver, B.C.; Canada’s largest lead-acid battery recycling facility in Ville Ste-Catherine, Que.; an engineered non-hazardous industrial waste landfill in Stoney Creek, Ont.; as well as operations that enhance the environmental sustainability of industry sectors, including automotive, chemical and petro-chemical, manufacturing, marine, mining, municipal, pulp and paper, and transportation.
For more information, visit www.TERRAPUREenv.com.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.