A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Infrastructure, the incumbent monitors and coordinate maintenance of building systems, receives and ensure follow-up of requests for services, participate in the planning and implementing and completion of facility reconfiguration or systems installation, assist with logistics activities, write reports and maintain records.
• Conducts regular inspections of facilities to identify deficiencies and insures that building systems are operating appropriately and meet research requirements. Takes appropriate measures to solve problems;
• Receives requests for services from research personnel, manage technical service estimates, insures follow-up of infrastructure preventive and corrective interventions, reviews and approves work statement. Execute some system maintenance and repairs works;
• Places purchase requisitions, pre-approves invoices, writes reports and maintains records in the facility maintenance software system;
• Participate in the renovation and facility reconfiguration projects, prepare plans and estimates and other technical documents of architectural or electro-mechanical system design ( plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration);
• May monitor construction or renovation project works through regular visits of work sites and participation to project meetings;
• Assists the Strategic Planning Officer with the coordination of logistics services such as housekeeping, equipment and furniture transfers, good receiving and delivery, courier and mail services;
• Assist if required with emergency measures and implementation of health and safety regulations;
• Performs other duties at the request of his immediate superior.
• Diplôme d’études collégiales (DEC) as a minimum, preferably with specialisation in building technology or equivalent from a school accredited by Quebec Ministère de l’Education, du loisir et du sport;
• Two (2) years of experience in a in a similar position preferably in a public or organization
• Good knowledge of electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and plumbing systems
• Advance knowledge of AutoCad and excellent knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet such as Word and Excel;
• Fluent in French and English, spoken and written;
• Analytical and problem solving ability, including skill in making effective recommendations and decisions;
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy;
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple priorities;
• Ability and interest to learn new skills and undergo training;
• Proven effective capacity for time management and dealing with constant and recurring deadlines;
• Ability to work independently as well as being a good team player;
• Demonstrates skills in preparation of reports and proper use of a messaging system.
Status: Temporary, Full-time
Pay Scale: from 35,817.60$ à 50,122.80$ /annum (35-hour workweek)
Work Shift: from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays to Fridays; may be on call 24 hours on a rotational basis
Work Site : Glen Site (1001 Décarie Boulevard, Montreal) or Montreal General Hospital (1650 Cedar Ave, Montreal) or any other site or place where the RI MUHC research activities are performed.
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and health-care hospital research centre. Research is organized by eleven research axes (or programs). Located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University.
The Institute supports over 600 researchers, over 1,000 graduate students, post-docs and fellows devoted to a broad spectrum of fundamental and clinical research.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.