Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is responsible for delivering essential technology infrastructure solutions to Morgan Stanley’s businesses. EI manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, mainframe servers and databases, distributed computing, wireless technologies, and associated end user capabilities.
The Unix Operations team is responsible for implementing and managing the Linux infrastructure for Morgan Stanley. We are involved in evaluation, certification, integration, and maintenance of various products, including hardware, Operating Systems, such as Red Hat Linux and Solaris, system services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, syslog, etc.), file systems (NFS, AFS, Hadoop and various cluster file systems), High Availability, Virtualization technologies and a variety of in-house developed tools. We also liaise with engineering groups to set direction for the many disciplines that are part of our day-to-day service portfolio (storage, core infrastructure services and special projects) and create different solutions for the low-level components that makes our infrastructure tick. You will also interact with many customers from numerous business units as a mechanism to generate improvements to be able to 'run the bank' more efficiently and effectively.
This position is critical for our day to day incident management, primary responsibilities would be:
• You will focus on diagnosis and resolution of immediate production impacting issues in the compute and storage plant
• You will be working with other infrastructure teams including networking, database administration and hosted solution teams for outage resolution, as well as customers aligned with the business users of our plant to determine scope, impact, and appropriate resolution path
• Carrying out preemptive health & hygiene tasks to maintain operational stability and compliance for risk & control programs to ensure the production environment is not put at risk
• You are going to collaborate with engineering teams to test and certify new hardware & software products
• Occasional weekend project work responsibilities to on-board new UNIX assets for growth or large programs such as new datacenter build outs
• Minimum 5+ years’ relevant experience
• Strong Linux SA type skills
• Exhibit required skills in at least 3 of the following areas
• Experience with web app hosting technology, such as Apache and Tomcat
•Knowledge of infrastructure such as SAN and VCS
• Strong scripting skills, as Python, Perl and Unix scripting
• Knowledge of database and simple to intermediate SQL
• Strong knowledge in SOAP and REST services (API)
• Knowledge of security/authentication layers such as Kerberos, SiteMinder or SPNEGO and SSL Certs
• Basic knowledge of Load balancing and Networking
• Experience with performance troubleshooting and resolution
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to write detailed technical documentation
• Experience with IBM Content Manager OnDemand
• SCM knowledge and experience
• Knowledge of issue tracking type tools
• Experience of CI systems such as Jenkins
• Experience of working in a large enterprise environment
• Knowledge of Java and C++ development
• Knowledge of SDLC practices
• Knowledge of software development, deployment, change and release management processes in an enterprise environment
• Experience of working with 3rd party vendors
• Identifies, assesses, and manages risks to ensure successful achievement of deliverables
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.