Technical Support Representative to join the team in Langley, BC. This individual will support customers on both web-based and telephone support for external/remote customer installations and administration in a Tier 1 capacity.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Email and phone Support for existing customers
* Provide upgrade/installation assistance to customers via remote session
* Assist customers with product questions and installation issues
* Work toward resolution using the tools available, and or using the assistance of other members of the department, the development team, and outside resources as required.
* Forward customer suggestions and bugs to the Development/Product Department
* Create test environments to re-create bugs and errors as reported by customers
* Extensively research and document customer technical issues
* Logs all calls into the system with clear information as to the problem and the resolution
* Create knowledge base articles as problem are resolved
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, adhere to established deadlines and perform under pressure
* Understanding SQL Database
Education: Technical Diploma/Degree/Demonstrated expertise in a 2 year technical program
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Windows Server
- Knowledge of Active Directory and MS SharePoint
- Understanding of IIS and Website Administration
- Some Development experience in VB, C#, .Net, CSS a definite asset
- Demonstrates a positive, respectful and service-oriented approach to interactions with others and enjoys working as part of a team
- Possess strong research, analysis, and problem solving skills in an IT environment.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of social media and the influence it can have on customer relationships. Previous experience utilizing Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook in a professional setting would be considered an asset.
About TEKsystems :
Join TEKsystems and get your career on the fast track. As one of North America's premiere IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services companies, we provide solutions that work. We actively seek talented IT professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support critical engagements at client sites worldwide. Because of our industry-specific focus, knowledge and connections, we can share highly desirable positions you might not otherwise know about. From customized training and flexible hiring options, to dedicated teams of recruiters working to find you the right opportunity, TEKsystems specializes in IT career management.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems Global Services:
In addition to Staffing and Talent Management, TEKsystems also engages in end-to-end, project-based work. Our teams work together in our facilities, project after project, gaining experience in multiple industries and technologies together. We leverage our own methodologies, tools and people to solve our client’s business problems starting from requirements gathering and ending with production launch, and anything in between. We are a true IT solution provider with a portfolio of services in Applications, Infrastructure and Training. TEKsystems is privately held, allowing us to invest in the long term without worrying about immediate returns like publicly held companies. TEKsystems Global Services is the fastest growing part of TEKsystems with over 250 concurrent engagements and facilities in the U.S, Canada, Europe and Asia.
At TEKsystems we value relationships, open communication, commitment and service to each other, our clients and the community. The personal and professional growth of our employees is important to us and we demonstrate this through a variety of programs and learning opportunities including Industry Certification Programs and voluntary Technology/Development contests where teams of people can collaborate and learn new technology and development techniques. We have scheduled Performance Management Reviews throughout the year to provide feedback and assist individuals in working toward achieving their goals.
Diversity is one of TEKsystems Global Services’ strategic initiatives; because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to provide world class service. Our Montreal Solutions Center is one of the most diverse technical teams assembled, providing a variety of technical expertise and culture that most organizations cannot match. The Center is located in the heart of Montreal, right above McGill Metro Station, making for easy commuting in and out of the city, as well as access to all the city has to offer.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.