A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businessesâand to our own.
Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM)
QAPM is a newly formed division that provides Quality Assurance and Production Management services to all clients within the Firm. QAPM partners with the development teams to ensure seamless technology delivery to our clients: ISGT, CPT, MSIM, MSWM Tech, ED&S, and TIR. QAPMâs goal is to deliver a first-class technology platform by ensuring top-notch service within QA and Production Management. This division will support the evolution of technology platforms and tools, manage and maintain our production plant, and ensure the implementation and adherence to proper operational controls to manage risk.
We are seeking an experienced technology professional to work in a small team providing application infrastructure solutions to Production Management and Development teams. The teamâs remit is wide and will be expected to operate between firmâs infrastructure teams and the application teams to assist implement and optimize front office trading and risk systems. The team needs to know enough detail of the application and its business logic as well as the underlying infrastructure to provide the services that are required. Examples would be; placement and sizing of new or expanding systems, relocating systems to a virtual footprint to reduce cost within acceptable performance criteria, identification and setting of technical standards to improve quality of support and incident reduction. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong technical skills along with strong communication and the ability to organize and manage their body of work. They should be able to communicate across all levels of the organization to the appropriate level of detail to convey their message. Experience of similar roles, developing or supporting Trading or Risk systems would be highly desirable regardless of asset class.
- Experience performing systems administration/design in either an operational or administrative function.
- Experienced in command line tools, how processes interact with each other, memory, & storage management, and can demonstrate performance and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in scripting language (Unix shell scripting, PERL, Python etc.)
- Working knowledge of how systems are architected including the underlying infrastructure- (servers, storage, network) and applications (e.g., web, databases) .
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills along with an organized approach to manage a high volume of work.
- Highly motivated problem solver that can multi-task, work under time pressures and be self-sufficient were required
- Involved in design/architecting solutions in PERL, Linux/BASH, Database/SQL, Web Services, Java, and real time transactional systems.
- Takes ownership and holds yourself and others accountable while also receptive to constructive feedback.
- 8+ yrs professional experience and a Bachelorâs degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a 4-year program
- Experience working in an Equities and/or Fixed Income eTrading environment
- Advanced Unix knowledge in Kernels, File system, and memory management.
- Experience of Agile methodologies using Atlassianâs Jira.
- Demonstrate the proactive nature of scaling up/down application infrastructure (i.e., servers, storage) leveraging moving average trends, peaks, and business forecasts to take the necessary actions before an incident occurs where an application has no more room to grow
- Ability to gain consensus in formal settings by preparing agendas, presentations, and meeting minutes.
- Understanding of the SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) process with the ability to work closely with development teams to ensure properly designed infrastructure for the application needs, following proper change management process
- Understanding of and experience of Operating within an ITIL Framework.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.