A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is responsible for delivering essential technology infrastructure solutions to Morgan Stanley’s businesses. EI manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, mainframe servers and databases, distributed computing, wireless technologies, and associated end user capabilities.
Morgan Stanley is seeking technology innovators to expand our cloud computing offerings and capabilities. As a Technical Product Manager covering this rapidly evolving space, the role involves collaborative work with developers, engineers, architects, operations, clients, finance, as well as senior management. Success in this role requires proficiency in cloud computing technologies, balanced with the acute business acumen and soft skills needed to work effectively both up and down the organization. This role will report to a New York based Product Management team and requires interaction with distributed technology teams, stakeholders, and resources globally with a strong supporting development team in locally in Montreal and distributed globally. The product manager serves as the primary champion of the cloud computing strategy, and provides product leadership to teams in the local campus.
- Continually refine, align, and maintain the cloud computing roadmap and strategy to the business and technology objectives of the firm.
- Provide regular technical, operational, and financial management views of the cloud products.
- Produce both regular and ad-hoc presentation materials as necessary to support stakeholder alignment, product adoption, and firm-wide awareness of your product space.
- Represent, plan, facilitate, and drive the cloud products with the local engineers, operations, project management, business stakeholders, and any other relevant parties.
- Work in close collaboration with product peers covering other areas and strategies, including improving the overall practice of product management at Morgan Stanley.
- Maintain client-facing documentation and product sites including product overviews, roadmaps, release plans, pricing & allocation strategy, support and onboarding.
- Write and maintain developer community facing technical documentation, postings, FAQs, and other collateral.
- 10-15 years of experience with at least 2 years as a Technical Product Manager.
- Experience with one or more of the following is required :web, PaaS, IaaS and cloud computing technologies.
- Experience with life cycle tools such as Jira, Git, etc.
- Ability to communicate well to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analytical skills using Excel, databases, BI tools, as well as ad-hoc scripts.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to maneuver through organizational and social friction.
- General understanding and comfort with financial charge back systems in a large scale environment.
A successful candidate would have at least a partial exposure to some or all of the below:
- Previous experience as lead developer, systems specialist or operations, well conversed in rolling out releases, planning, supporting a widely distributed 24/7 product.
- Experience with distributed file systems (e.g,. DFS, AFS).
- Experience with the container ecosystem (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with industry scale cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure)
- Experience with service discovery products (e.g., Zookeeper, etcd)
- Active user and participant of the Open Source Software community.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.