A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Prime Brokerage, Funding and Finance Technology (PBFFT) provides solutions for Morgan Stanley's prime brokerage business, derivatives clearing, funding and liquidity management, fund services, and international wealth management. Finance technology provides solutions for regulatory and financial reporting, global product control, tax filing and resource management.
Candidate will be a Technical Lead, Java/Scala Developer responsible for the back end service layer for a new project for the banking book investments. The banking book investments (BBI) application will serve as a book of records for the firm’s investments on the banking book and is considered a crucial application in the finance regulatory and reporting space.
For this project, they will be responsible for the following areas
1.Technical analysis and design
2.Development of middleware and/or database and/or GUI components
3.Integration between various in-house sources of data
Candidate will be required to work across organizational boundaries and participate in discussions on technical and business issues. They will be an independent software developer of complex solutions using Java and/or Scala technology. The candidate should be able to mentor junior resources.
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Computer Science or related field from a reputable institute.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience building Java /Scala applications, in a service based architecture.
- Need hands on current experience on Java/Scala, JUnit, XML, Spring and SQL.
- Hands on experience with version control, build integration and messaging technologies.
- Need to demonstrate in-depth understanding of OO principles, design patterns and threading techniques.
- Strong web Services background required.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of personnel within the organization and be effective with both business and technical teams.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and define approaches to bring unfocused issues to resolution
- Financial Services experience is a plus
- Familiarity with DB2/Teradata/Greenplum a plus
- Familiarity with Test Driven Programming a plus
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.