1) 2-3 years of experience working as a Systems Analyst; technical/development background.
2) Very good knowledge of SQL, .NET technologies. This person must have experience writing technical specs with a strong understanding of SQL. They will need to go into the SQL database to do some SQL querying.
3) 1-3 years of experience writing both functional and technical specifications & use cases.
The main purpose of this position is to provide leadership to the Digital Development Project Teams that deliver technology solutions to business units, client teams and our clients. Key role is to deliver well designed, secure, quality compliant technology projects on-time in accordance with the stated business requirements. This position reports to the Manager, Digital Development.
As our Technical Business Analyst/Systems Analyst you will:
* Be accountable for providing consulting services to clients in the application of information technologies
* Develop of solutions for business problems
* Determine and define user needs and business requirements
* Develop of detailed functional and technical specifications
* Develop technology systems according to specifications
* Provide on-going support for implemented systems
* Maintain knowledge of systems development, methodologies and information technology trends through training, appropriate literature and other means
* Establishing effective test strategy, test plans and test cases, ensuring business requirements are met and executing test scripts
* Analysis Phase = provide consultative services to Digital Development Manager and Client, investigate and identify business problem, develop targeted solution, provide estimates of work effort and duration for moderate sized enhancement.
* Design Phase = prepare external design document and ensure it is comprehensive with respect to business requirement, functionality, performance and operating efficiency, participate in the design of screens, participate in walkthrough meetings with clients and developers:
* Build Phase = ensure application has been properly migrated into test environment, ensure walkthroughs are held of the test requirements and test cases
* Testing Phase = support QA staff in execution of test plan, ensure that QA is provided with updated functional specifications
* Implementation Phase = responsible for user verification activities in a production environment, participate in post implementation review
* Manage role responsibilities within/to Quality Management System (QMS)
As our Technical Business Analyst/Systems Analyst you have:
* Broad exposure/experience of software development life cycle typically 5 or more years related experience
* Very good knowledge of SQL, .NET technologies, C#, XML data structures and different operating system/browser environments
* Knowledge of SharePoint. Not from a development standpoint, more then a user but they will not be developing with it. Technical familiarity.
*They have Office 365 and SharePoint on line.
* Someone who developed with SSIS, SSRS, C# in the past and has moved into a TBA position.
* Experience in development of multi-tier web and Windows based applications
* Excellent communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal)
* Analytical, problem solving, decision making and negotiating skills
* The ability to effectively manage multiple activities of varying complexity while under time constraints
* Relevant client-facing experience
* Must be a team player
* Minimum 5 years experience in designing and developing multi-tier web and windows based applications
About TEKsystems :
Join TEKsystems and get your career on the fast track. As one of North America's premiere IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services companies, we provide solutions that work. We actively seek talented IT professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support critical engagements at client sites worldwide. Because of our industry-specific focus, knowledge and connections, we can share highly desirable positions you might not otherwise know about. From customized training and flexible hiring options, to dedicated teams of recruiters working to find you the right opportunity, TEKsystems specializes in IT career management.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems Global Services:
In addition to Staffing and Talent Management, TEKsystems also engages in end-to-end, project-based work. Our teams work together in our facilities, project after project, gaining experience in multiple industries and technologies together. We leverage our own methodologies, tools and people to solve our client’s business problems starting from requirements gathering and ending with production launch, and anything in between. We are a true IT solution provider with a portfolio of services in Applications, Infrastructure and Training. TEKsystems is privately held, allowing us to invest in the long term without worrying about immediate returns like publicly held companies. TEKsystems Global Services is the fastest growing part of TEKsystems with over 250 concurrent engagements and facilities in the U.S, Canada, Europe and Asia.
At TEKsystems we value relationships, open communication, commitment and service to each other, our clients and the community. The personal and professional growth of our employees is important to us and we demonstrate this through a variety of programs and learning opportunities including Industry Certification Programs and voluntary Technology/Development contests where teams of people can collaborate and learn new technology and development techniques. We have scheduled Performance Management Reviews throughout the year to provide feedback and assist individuals in working toward achieving their goals.
Diversity is one of TEKsystems Global Services’ strategic initiatives; because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to provide world class service. Our Montreal Solutions Center is one of the most diverse technical teams assembled, providing a variety of technical expertise and culture that most organizations cannot match. The Center is located in the heart of Montreal, right above McGill Metro Station, making for easy commuting in and out of the city, as well as access to all the city has to offer.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.