A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Operations and Compliance Technology (OCT) develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance. Our clients include Institutional Securities Group, Wealth Management, Enterprise Operational Risk & Control, Risk, Internal Audit, Operations and Compliance.
The Institutional Tax team, part of Operations and Compliance Technology area, is looking for a System Architect. The Tax team builds and maintains a tax withholding and reporting and systems for institutional clients across the firm in compliance with Tax Authority regulations.
The Person selected for the role will act as a hands-on System Architect working directly with IT and business users to implement new and reengineer and automate existing processes. The person will play a role of a senior technologist on the team and may manage global teams on project or permanent basis.
The Ideal candidate for the role will possess at least 5 years of experience as a systems architect. Overall development experience of 10 years is a plus. The candidate needs to have experience with creating reusable components / assets / adapters, upgrading and maintaining the tax platform. The position requires a strong and proven ability to collaborate with partners across the Firm, and track record of working with various on-shore and off-shore delivery partners.
- At least 5 years of experience as a systems architect
- A bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Lead System Architect experience ability to architect performant and scalable solutions
- Core Java and OO design and development.
- Strong RDBMS design and SQL development.
- Familiarity with Hibernate, Spring framework, Servlets, JSPs, JDBC, JMS, CXF and Web Services.
- Systems integration
- Create conceptual vision of the solution
- Formalize/Document solutions
- Analyze the solution and identify issues and risk (performance, space …)
- Understand the requirements and how they fit into the broader enterprise context
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Have the drive and aptitude to quickly learn new technologies, frameworks and have strong systems troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Rules Engines (Drools, JRules etc.) is a plus
- Know several languages (not only Java), databases, web technologies, rule engines
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.