A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Are you looking to join an exciting high-tech company that is focused on delivering exceptional products to a global customer base? How would you feel about joining a company whose core culture embraces change, rewards creativity, and promotes dialogue with employees? If you’re looking to join a company that values its employees and promotes an amazing culture, you’ll be happy to know we are growing and expanding at an enormous pace.
Nexonia continues to grow and we’re looking to hire a dynamic, highly motivated, experienced System Administrator - Linux that is passionate about cloud technologies (AWS, Docker, Microservice, DevOps, Ansible) for our development office in Montreal. Change is constant at Nexonia, and with this evolution of change, we continuously seek smarter ways to do things in order to revolutionize the business. If you love building a company and want to take your skills and expertise to build and enhance a growing team, look no further – you have arrived to your final destination!
Reporting to the Manager, Systems Administration, the System Administrator – Linux will have a passion and understanding of the system design, administration and reparation in an environment composed of complex and secure infrastructure. The ideal candidate must like to work in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment. We are looking for someone who keeps it cool under pressure, and looks for improvement in every opportunity! You have a solid technical background and the organizational skills of a ninja!
As part of our Infrastructure team, your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute a migration plan to AWS. Participate in the implementation of an infrastructure on Linux + Java on Docker, Postgres SQL, RabbitMQ, Ansible, etc;
- Improvement of system architecture and conception of new and innovative solutions for our testing and production environments;
- Install, configure and update servers and workstations in order to meet business requirements;
- Monitor backup operations and their availability(Disaster recovery plan);
- Monitor the performance of test and production systems, diagnose and solve detected performance problems;
- Maintain the documentation of infrastructure and systems configuration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent working experience
- At least 3 years in system administration within a Linux environment
- At least 2 years in administering relational databases
- At least 2 years in administering virtualized environments or at AWS
- At least 1 year with continuous integration solutions (e.g., Jenkins)
- Good knowledge of Cloud Based environment (i.e. AWS)
- Good understanding of the DevOps pratices (i.e.Build, Release, Monitor, etc)
- Good understanding of Agile practices
- A solid understanding of networking (routing concepts, configuring and securing a network)
- Advanced knowledge of scripting within a Linux environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- A passion for maintaining high-performance, robust, always-available systems
- Capable of being autonomous and working independently
- Great attention to detail and delivering quality
- Bilingual in English and French, oral and written
- Experience in Java development
What’s in it for me?
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits that begin upon your first day of work (no waiting period)
- Posh mid-town Montreal location close to Square-Victoria metro station (Old Montreal)
- Access to Lynda.com online courses
- Nexonia participes in STM programms Opuc&cie and Opus +
- NexFridays – aka free beer social every Friday to kick off the weekend
- Company-paid coffee, tea and beverages in the kitchen
- Fruit basket every week
- Last but not least, the opportunity to work with really cool and collaborative people who truly want to build the #1 company in the world.
Nexonia’s foundation is built upon an amazing team of developers based in our Montreal office, and an equally zealous group of Nexonians based in our Toronto headquarters. Together, the company represents more than just a name. We’re looking for amazing people to join our growing company, and we’re looking for smart, nice and great-at-what-you-do people. We can’t continue to make the magic happen if you don’t have the same passion and drive that represents our culture and organization. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and by allowing the talented team at Nexonia to engage and thrive to their best potential, our success continues to grow as we build careers through hard work, employee engagement and of course, plenty of fun!
If you’re looking to make a dynamic move to build a career and join a fast-paced, exciting organization, send us your resume, cover letter and salary expectations today. Also, check out our careers page at http://www.nexonia.com/about-nexonia/careers and see what Nexonia is all about!
Thank you in advance for your interest. Nexonia is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates selected for interview
Nexonia is an online Software as a Service (SaaS) solution for managing expense reports and timesheets. The products can be accessed using a web interface as well as mobile applications. We've been in business for over 10 years and have been building excellent mobile apps for over 4 years.
We have extensive integration with accounting systems, including QuickBooks, NetSuite, Intacct, Dynamics, Sage, Oracle and SAP. Our system features and reliability is unparalleled. We're financially strong and growing quickly.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.