A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is responsible for delivering essential technology infrastructure solutions to Morgan Stanley’s businesses. EI manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, mainframe servers and databases, distributed computing, wireless technologies, and associated end user capabilities.
The Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) team is looking for a Level 3 Unix Application Support / Analyst for Messaging Operations. We maintain a suite of messaging eFax & multimedia applications that strive to interact with one another as seamlessly as possible, and include internal mail relay, email moderation, email blast, email auto-reply, inbound and outbound eFax systems, email archiving, third party vendor host email solution.
The messaging environment is critical for the firms’ business units, end users and application development groups equally. The team owns all toolsets – they are required to both run and report on the plant on a daily basis.
You will provide daily operational support to a global Sendmail appliances, Postfix MTAs and Postfix Applications, inbound and outbound eFax systems, Mainframe based email system, third party Google Apps vendor host email solution, Exchange 2010, Microsoft Lync 2013 (other instant messaging products), and multi-media (video conferencing) and video streaming (multi-cast) application support. You will use your scripting skills for development work as we look to further automate many of our processes and end user toolsets. You will also be part of the testing and deployment of new technologies e.g. Proofpoint’s Sentrion
You will also be coordinating managed service teams, scheduling appropriate work and providing new solutions for their daily operations.
- System management and upkeep of the production environment
- Problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, escalation and notification.
- provide Level 3 technical production support for firm’s Unix eMessaging and eFax electronic applications to global business and technology end users and their clients
- Take ownership of issues/escalations from point of contact while collaborating with various other technology teams for assistance in discovering solutions
- Investigate, identify, analyze, troubleshoot, track, and resolve issues/problems and document all work
- Identify / raise different types of risks (security, capacity, etc.) on the plant and work on mitigation approaches / preventive measures. Identify, initiate, and complete cost efficiency / savings projects
- Alert and dashboard setup
- Outage/incident management (handling, notification/client communication, troubleshooting, tracking, resolution, root cause analysis “post mortem” documentation)
- Report and metrics generation for managers and senior executives
- Lead/host weekly conference calls and meetings with other core team, Engineering, management, eFax outbound and inbound vendors, other project stakeholders
- Configure Unix and eFax Messaging based systems to run at optimum paramount level
- Provide assistance and run thorough application system testing, testing plan, and testing result documentation (DEV QA UAT PROD)
- Create and contribute detailed documentation (streamline workflows, escalation model, support model, diagrams, application product support run books and FAQ updates as needed)
- Interface with in-house application engineers and developers for enhancements to applications based on end-user feedback and escalate requirements for continuous improvement of the service tools
- Serve and participate to various major projects
- Lead and mentor a team of offshore consultants
- Collaborate and work with eFax outbound and inbound vendors, in-house application developers, and internal Voice Operations
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation
Technical Skills Required:
- 10+ years of Unix/Linux platform admin experience
- 10+ years of LDAP/SMTP integration experience
- 10+ years of Sendmail and Postfix experience
- 10+ years of eFax solution administration
- 10+ years of Basic Mainframe job analysis
- 8+ years of PERL code analysis
- 5+ years of Cloud based GoogleApps products
- 5+ years of SQL query language skills
- 2+ years of Splunk query skills
- 2+ years of Exchange 2010
- Exchange architecture skills
- Microsoft Lync 2013
- Windows 2008 server skills
- Active Directory admin skills
- Powershell - Ability to write effective scripts & Analyse
- Acano/Qumu Multi-media (video conference) and video streaming (multicast) applications admin
Other Skills Required:
- Proven troubleshooting skills in a support environment
- Maturity to be able to execute job functions with minimal guidance
- Ability to effectively communicate with user groups including end users, developers and engineers
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills to facilitate working with end-users and other IT colleagues.
- Good organizational skill; Ability to plan and prioritize
- Analytical Skills
- Strong sense of commitment and drive towards problem resolution
- Experience of working in a fast paced, changing environment
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.