A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Do you know about SherWeb?
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest technologies in the IT field. We’re growing fast, and with tens of thousands of businesses in over 100 countries trusting our expertise, we’re always on the lookout for the best talent! When you join our team, you’ll even be part of a company that’s been awarded Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency.
Are you a technology buff who thrives on stimulating challenges? We have just what you need! But be aware that at SherWeb, you will be playing in the major league. Our state-of-the-art infrastructures are home to more than 200,000 Exchange mailboxes, 26 SANs, and more than 3,500 terabytes of storage space. What’s more, we are one of the only Quebec-based businesses to offer the opportunity to work on 10 different environments spread out on 3 sites and over 1000 servers. Being a system administrator at SherWeb involves a lot more than simply providing support to users: You will be working with a team of more than 30 experienced administrators with whom you will constantly be learning!
The Challenge: System Administrator, IT Operations
As part of the Operations Team, reporting directly to the Vice-President of Operations and based out at our Sherbrooke office, the selected individual is primarily responsible for support and maintenance of Windows domains, Microsoft services such as Exchange and SharePoint as well as other services offered by SherWeb.
You will be asked to:
• Participate in advanced support and in the resolution of incidents and problems escalated by the team of Level 3 Technicians
• Conduct depth investigations into the root causes leading to improvements needed for our different environments
• Participate in the management of monitoring, updating and reporting tools
• Participate in projects aiming at improving and optimizing our network
• Develop a specialization in one of our services
• Perform all other related tasks based on the needs of the organization
You have a background that is similar to this:
• DEC in Computer Science or equivalent combination in training and experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in system administration
• Good ability in troubleshooting
• In-depth experience in Microsoft system administration
• Ability to speak and write perfectly in both English and French
Knowing how to work with one of the followings is an asset:
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013
• Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013
• Microsoft Lync 2010/2013
• Microsoft SQL Server management
• Scripting PowerShell
• Clusters and high availability environments
You possess the following skills and competencies:
• You have excellent communication skills.
• You are result oriented.
• You can quickly adapt to changes.
• You are organized, resourceful and can work independently.
• You have a thirst for knowledge and are curious.
• You like to analyze and solve problems.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
• Full-time, permanent position (40 hours a week)
• Flexible hours
• Competitive wage
• Beneficial group insurance plan
• Career development plan
• Other benefits: Use of latest technologies, continuing professional training, employee assistance program (EAP), refund of dues to professional corporations, stimulating and enjoyable work environment, dynamic social committee, discounts at a sports center, etc.
Entry Date: As soon as possible
Looking for a fulfilling job and an opportunity to make your mark in this rapidly-growing industry? We want to discuss your possible future as a member of our energetic team!
To obtain more information or to apply on this position, please visit the CAREERS section of our website. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Website : http://www.sherweb.com/en-ca/careers
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest technologies in the IT field. We’re growing fast, and with tens of thousands of businesses in over 100 countries trusting our expertise, we’re always on the lookout for the best talent! When you join our team, you’ll even be part of a company that’s been awarded Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.