A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Do you know SherWeb?
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest IT technologies. We’re growing fast, and with tens of thousands of businesses in over 100 countries that rely on our expertise, we’re always on the lookout for top talent! Join our team to be part of a company that’s been awarded the Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency. Are you ready for the challenge?
Are you a technology buff who thrives on stimulating challenges? We have just what you need! But be aware that with SherWeb, you will be playing in the major league. Our state-of-the-art infrastructures are home to more than 250,000 Exchange mailboxes, 22 SANs, and more than 7,000 terabytes of storage space. What’s more, we are one of the only Quebec-based businesses to offer the opportunity to work on 7 different environments spread out on 5 sites. You will be working with a team of more than 30 experienced administrators with whom you will be able to develop your expertise!
The Challenge: System Administrator, IT Infrastructure
As part of the Infrastructure team, reporting directly to the Vice-President of Operations and based at our Sherbrooke office, the System Administrator is primarily responsible for managing and maintaining availability of numerous Hyper V virtual environments. These environments have more than 3,500 virtual machines that are used to offer hosted services (SaaS) internationally.
You will be asked to:
• Guarantee availability and maintain our physical and virtual environments;
• Update our physical equipment;
• Create and maintain the pictures of the virtual servers;
• Occasionally travel to our Montreal installations;
• Update the documentation on our current systems;
• Participate in the process of upgrading our physical equipment and production platform softwares;
• Collaborate with the IT Project team to implement and improve various projects.
You have a background that is similar to this:
• DEC in Computer Science or equivalent combination of training and experience
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar function
• Exploitation of virtual infrastructure experience
• Work experience on Microsoft virtual environments
• Bilingualism is considered an asset (French and English)
Knowing how to work with one of the following is considered an asset:
• Microsoft Hyper-V and/or Vmware vSphere;
• Scripting PowerShell;
• Microsoft System Center;
• Knowledge of Cisco and Dell products and networking concepts;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Office 365;
• Knowledge of clusters and high-availability environments;
• Experience in large-scale environments;
• Experience in the replication of multi-site environments;
• Operation of SaaS and IaaS services.
You possess the following skills and competencies:
• You like team work and collaborating with others
• You like to analyze and solve problems
• You like working on different IT equipment and materials
• You are attentive and pay attention to detail
• You are organized, resourceful and can work independently
• You have a marked interest for technologies and like to learn
• You can multitask and work in a constantly evolving and dynamic environment
You will enjoy the following benefits:
• Full-time, permanent position (40 hours a week)
• Flexible schedule
• Competitive wage
• Beneficial group insurance plan
Other benefits: opportunities to work with the latest technology, ongoing training, employee assistance program (EAP), reimbursement of professional dues, pleasant and stimulating working environment, dynamic social committee, discounts at a sports centre, etc.
Entry Date: As soon as possible
Looking for a fulfilling job and an opportunity to make your mark in this rapidly-growing industry? We want to discuss your possible future as a member of our energetic team!
To obtain more information or to apply on this position, please visit the CAREERS section of our website. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest technologies in the IT field. We’re growing fast, and with tens of thousands of businesses in over 100 countries trusting our expertise, we’re always on the lookout for the best talent! When you join our team, you’ll even be part of a company that’s been awarded Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.