A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Do you know SherWeb?
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest technologies in the IT field. We’re growing fast, and with tens of thousands of businesses in over 100 countries trusting our expertise, we’re always on the lookout for the best talent! When you join our team, you’ll even be part of a company that’s been awarded Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency. Ready for a challenge?
The Challenge: System Administrator, Cloud Support
SherWeb is currently looking for a bilingual System Administrator with considerable experience in Cloud Infrastructure Management in a Microsoft & Linux system environment. Under the supervision of the Cloud Support Manager and based in our Sherbrooke office, the System Administrator will be primarily responsible for client support, technical support and maintenance of the Cloud services offered by SherWeb. You will be asked to collaborate with the IT Operations team and to participate in developing professional relationships with clients.
You will be asked to:
• Participate in supporting and solving clients’ problems related to Cloud services (P2V et V2V)
• Collaborate in migrating clients’ environment to SherWeb’s Cloud platform
• Participate in the management of monitoring (SCOM, PRTG), updating (Windows Updates, SCCM, Orchestrator) and reporting Tools
• Collaborate in projects aiming to improve and optimize our network
• Perform system monitoring, verifying the availability and integrity of all servers, systems and key processes
• Help plan and deploy new feature roll-outs
• Evaluate processes and products, making well-documented recommendations
• Identify, research, and resolve issues for clients utilizing available informational resources
• Notify clients of unscheduled outages and maintenance windows
• Ensure complete client satisfaction by recognizing potential or actual client complaint situations, and take appropriate action or follow-up until resolved
• Prioritize and resolve problems as they arise and notify management of potential problems, as necessary, pertaining to network functionality, client relations, company documentation and internal processes/regulations
• Maintain knowledge of company products and services offered as well as internal departmental activities to effectively provide support
• Be able to work on your own initiative and provide recommendations to improve processes
• Remain current on technological changes within the industry through research and company training
You have a background that is similar to this:
• College diploma in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
• Advanced troubleshooting skills
• Experience in Microsoft & Linux system administration
• Perfectly fluent in both French and English (written and spoken)
• Be available for after-hours maintenance
• Ability to work on variable shifts
You have the following technical knowledge:
• Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
• VMWare vSphere/vCenter/vCloud
• P2V and/or V2V migration
• Clusters and high availability environments
• XenServer, OpenStack, KVM are an asset
• Linux CentOS/Ubuntu is an asset
You possess the following skills and competencies:
• You have excellent communication skills
• You are a real team player
• You are result-oriented
• You adapt quickly to changes
• You are organized, resourceful and can work independently
• You have a thirst for knowledge and are curious
• You like to analyze and solve problems
You will enjoy the following benefits:
• Full-time, permanent position (40 hours a week)
• Flexible hours
• Competitive wage
• Beneficial group insurance plan
• Retirement savings plan
• Other benefits: Use of latest technologies, continuing professional training, employee assistance program (EAP), refund of dues to professional corporations, stimulating and enjoyable work environment, dynamic social committee, discounts at a sports center, etc.
Entry Date: as soon as possible.
Looking for a fulfilling job and an opportunity to make your mark in this rapidly-growing industry? We want to discuss your possible future as a member of our energetic team!
To obtain more information or to apply on this position, please visit the CAREERS section of our website. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest technologies in the IT field. We’re growing fast, and with tens of thousands of businesses in over 100 countries trusting our expertise, we’re always on the lookout for the best talent! When you join our team, you’ll even be part of a company that’s been awarded Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.