A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Reporting to Software Quality Assurance Supervisor, you will be responsible for participating in a team's efforts to perform software performance, module, release and regression testing on major development projects.
Temporary position, 1 year mandate with possible extension.
• Favors a customer oriented approach when qualitatively evaluating software;
• Plan, estimates and writes test plans, test cases and test scenarios;
• Automates test cases;
• Implements, executes and analyzes automated test results;
• Analyze client and product vision to help determine feasibility and help author user stories and acceptance criteria;
• Contributes to the integration of software testing method with software development process;
• Participates in efforts to continuously improve engineering practices;
• Design and execute functional tests to ensure system is performing per requirements;
• Actively participate in daily stand-ups, Sprint Planning and retrospective meetings;
• In uncovering defects also works with development team to help determine root cause. Responsible for follows-up and up-dates of defects;
• Perform all other related duties;
• College or University degree in Computer science or electronics,
• Minimum of 2 years experience in Software Quality Assurance and/or firmware testing,
• Ability to troubleshoot software, network, and application configurations to determine root cause of an issue and communicate the findings back to the team
• Experience in testing APIs, Web Services
• Excellent knowledge of software design and testing industry best practices,
• Ability to use manual, automated or partly automated testing approaches to implementing test cases.
• Knowledge of C#, SQL Script, ASP .Net programming, and all - Microsoft operating systems,
• Experience using test automation tools like Selenium or SOAPUI an asset,
• Experience with JIRA defect tracking tool, an asset
• Ability to recommend several different possible approaches to solving any assigned testing activities including the use of different combinations of testing tools and techniques,
• Familiarity with of Virtual Environments, an asset.
• Good communication skills, oral/written, in both official languages,
• Ability to handle several issues simultaneously,
• Team player, good interpersonal skills,
• Strong customer focus,
• Methodical & perseverant
Kaba Ilco is a global leader in electronic access solutions for the lodging industry. With over 150 years of research and development, through his brands ILCO and Saflok, the company covers all the lodging industry needs in regards to electronic locks and access control systems. Based in Montreal, Kaba Ilco has several offices in the United States and is present worldwide through its subsidiaries. The company is also represented by an extensive network of distributors who have the Kaba expertise and certification.
Kaba Ilco owes its success to the involvement of working men and women, employees who contribute to developing a culture focused on service, collaboration and continuous improvement. It is therefore natural that the company values entrepreneurship and encourages all initiatives promoting the contributions to a common effort and professional development.
Member of the Kaba Group, Kaba Ilco strives to combine the advantages of a large organization and the benefits of SME’s (proximity, consistency and personalized service).
Visit our Web site at www.kaba-ilco.com.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.