A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Prime Brokerage, Funding and Finance Technology (PBFFT) provides solutions for Morgan Stanley's prime brokerage business, derivatives clearing, funding and liquidity management, fund services, and international wealth management. Finance technology provides solutions for regulatory and financial reporting, global product control, tax filing and resource management.
The Cost Allocations group is looking for a talented Senior SQL Database Developer to join the team and contribute to development and maintenance of the database and ETL processes. This role is based primarily in allocation team whose goal is to create an expertise around database and ETL development/design, best practices and standards. The team develops and maintains the databases that involve allocating Actual Expenses and Budgeting/Forecasting for the firm. Allocation plant solely uses SQL Server database for large amount of data produced every month.
The role will provide exposure to all stages of the systems development life cycle; the successful candidate will take responsibility for key areas of analysis and design, database development and management of project tasks.
Participation in lively discussion about technical and business issues is common meaning that strong communication skills and willingness to express their own views as well as listen to others is vital.
The role will be part of a development team.
- Interact with Business Analysts to understand new requirements for Gladiator and Simplification projects.
- Interact with database and ETL developers to design and develop new functionality.
- Support existing processes.
- At least 10 years development experience in data modeling and programming using SQL Server 2008/2014 and well versed with SQL Server best practices
- Must have SQL query debugging/troubleshooting experience.
- Help other team members in database matters and set database programming guidelines
- Some experience with partitioning, performance tuning experience.
- Scripting languages
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data
- Detail oriented and organized with Strong analytical skills
- ETL Experience
- Programming languages such C#/Java
- Financial industry knowledge
- Unit testing/deployment and user training
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and dynamic environment.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.