A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The senior pricing analyst provides recommendations and advice on costing decision-making strategies. The incumbent will develop, create and evolve tools to upgrade the quality, speed and efficiency of the pricing process. The incumbent will also provide pricing analysis and guidance for communication payload proposals, bids, customer relationships and government organizations.
• Implement, modify or enhance current costing Program/Database based on external and internal requirements and actuals.
• Liaise with various departments to understand, analyse, estimate and evolve the scope of work and all cost for executing various types of payload programs.
• Evolve the current payload costing model to enable rapid and accurate estimation
• Create and maintain a database of all non-labour cost estimates and historical quotes.
• Create and maintain a database of all previous MDA cost proposals.
• Create and maintain a database of real cost regarding payload works done at MDA (actuals)
• Create and maintain a payload market price analysis tool.
• Analyse financials impacts of proposals (as economics benefits, direct and indirect costs)
• Analyse proposal contracts for revenues and cost recognition principles
• Ensure the integrity, compliance and accuracy of costing
• Develop/create efficient tools to improve efficiency of costing and financial analysis (costing, business case and others)
• Support the preparation of the annual business plan by coordinating and consolidating the forecast revenues and bookings
• Assist payload product managers in the preparation, review and approval of all payloads costing, including preparation of costing reports and GMSR (General Manager’s Summary Report).
• Review RFP’s (Request for Proposal) to ensure financial contractual terms adhere to company financial policies and identify financial risk.
• Must be able to function in a fast-pace environment, committed to achieving deadlines, strong planning and analysis skills, good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, ability to multi-task and particular attention to details.
• Must have a good understanding of WBS (Work Breakdown Structure); Detailed Project Schedules; and Program Costing
• Advanced computer knowledge: Expert in Excel (VBA knowledge is mandatory), good knowledge of database applications and MSWord
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of Cost Estimating / Pricing and financial experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment (preferably in a High Tech environment).
• Bachelor in Commerce, Engineering or Management information System (MIS) (ideally Engineer /Technical Background) from a recognized institution.
MDA is a world leader in the design of advanced Space systems and supplier of innovative Space hardware products serving commercial, scientific and government needs. As the prime contractor for the Canadian Space Programme, MDA Space Missions is Canada’s foremost high-tech engineering company. With technical excellence as our core competence, MDA is also recognised in the international Space community for delivering state-of-the-art communications payloads and remote sensing satellites, and has an unrivalled record in the area of Space robotics and manned Space applications. Our multidisciplinary staff implement some of the world’s most complex and challenging Space projects. In today’s competitive market MDA continues to lead the Space industry in key critical technologies such as antenna design, digital electronics and mobile communications.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.