A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Technology Information Risk (TIR) - TIR's mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology understands how to manage, escalate and monitor risk.
The Access Management (AM) Team within Technology Information Risk (TIR) is responsible for engineering and developing access management solutions for the firm. The AM organization reports into Technology Information Risk (TIR) within the Tech and Data Division.
The Access Management platform is built on a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and consists of several proprietary software products to manage and enforce entitlements within and outside the firm. Services are exposed using open standards including Restful JSON and SOAP. The server side products within the platform leverage Java, Sybase and DB2 with client-facing APIs in C#, C++, Perl and Java. Our UI layer utilizes AngularJS. We are in the early stages of a major rewrite of the platform to our Target State Architecture (TSA) in order to meet ever demanding regulatory requirements and improve developer productivity.
The successful candidate will act as the local technical team lead and subject matter expert for the development and deployment of the Target State Architecture to a very large population of applications across the firm. He/she will work closely with the Chief Architect and be responsible for designing and reviewing key technical deliverables and help drive the adoption of technical best practices. The Team Lead will also be involved in designing enhancements to our existing products until they are retired. This should include identifying improvements that will reduce maintenance and support costs. The Team lead will also manage local and offshore development teams and coordinate with development teams in China. This position is at the Vice President level and includes the relevant officer responsibilities.
We're looking for a hands-on technologist with strong communication and technical skills that is smart, analytical, passionate and innovative.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Drive the detailed technical design and implementation of solutions (large or small) across access management products.
- Mentor and develop local technical team members including reviewing technical deliverables
- Understand how to use a variety of technologies appropriately to build enterprise solutions.
- Help develop proof of concepts when appropriate
- Partner with the appropriate engineering and operations teams to facilitate successful deployments.
- Communicate to people at multiple levels from developers to senior management.
- Manage the careers of local team members
- Perform code reviews to ensure the implementation is maintainable, supportable, resilient and performant.
- Participate in development tasks as required.
This position is based in Montreal and is part of a global development team that also includes people located in the New York, Shanghai and India.
Qualifications - Skills Required:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- 10+ years of Java programming experience including, Servlets,JDBC, JMS, Spring, Spring JDBC, JEE & Eclipse IDE
- 10+ years of experience with version control systems such as Git, Perforce and SVN
- 10+ years of experience with SDLC methodologies including Agile, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Prototyping
- 8+ years of working experience in the Financial Services Industry
- 8+ years of experience with dependency management and build tools such as Gradle, Maven, Ant and Ivy
- 8+ years of UNIX, Linux & Shell scripting experience
- 6+ years combined of Sybase and DB2 experience
- 5+ years of experience managing junior team members
- 5+ years of Autosys experience
- 4+ years of Business Process Management experience (e.g., Savvion or Pega)
- 3+ years using Apache CXF in a Service Oriented Architectures (both SOAP and RESTful)
- 2+ years of experience managing the delivery of software projects
- Experience with SOA testing tools such as SOAPUI
- Experience modeling XML Schema with either XMLSpy or OxygenXML
- Experience with applications with complex entitlements requirements
- Experience with meta data driven ETL tools
- Understanding of C programming language
- Strong communication skills are required, as the role involves working with global teams located in New York, Montreal, London and Asia.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline
Proven architectural and design background as well as experience in building SOAP interfaces;
- Experience operating in large enterprise environments
Salary range: Min. $110,000 – Max. $120,000
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.