A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Technology Information Risk (TIR) enables the Firm to manage risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices which protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology understands how to manage, escalate and monitor risk.
The Access Management (AM) Team with Technology Information Risk (TIR) is responsible for engineering and developing access management solutions for the firm. The AM organization reports into Technology Information Risk (TIR) within the Tech and Data Division.
The AM platform is built on a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and consists of several proprietary software products to manage and enforce entitlements within and outside the firm. Services are exposed using open standards including Restful JSON and SOAP. The server side products within the platform leverage Java, Sybase and DB2 with client-facing APIs in C#, C++, Perl and Java. Our UI layer utilizes AngularJS. We are in the early stages of a major rewrite of the platform to our Target State Architecture (TSA) in order to meet ever demanding regulatory requirements and improve developer productivity.
The successful candidate will act as a Senior Database Lead for the development and deployment of the Target State Architecture to a very large population of applications across the firm. He/she will work closely with the Chief Architect, Program Manager, Development Leads, and other Project Managers (located in different regions) to plan, coordinate and monitor delivery.
The position is based in Montreal.
We're looking for a hands-on Database Lead who is smart, analytical, passionate and innovative.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Manage a small team of junior database and ETL developers in NY and India
- Maintain and enhance our physical data model (including documentation) using PowerDesigner - including indices, sequences, checks, triggers and materialized query tables.
- Manage our Database infrastructure – across 8 environments including production migrations, creating SQL scripts from the data model (including DDL/DB2TS and DML)
- Coordinate with and provide guidance for database development with global teams in New York, Montreal, India and Shanghai
- Create/Manage the data for internal entitlements needed for all new functionality
- Analyze and optimize queries
- Oversee the design and development of utilities to promote/migrate/copy entitlements data across environments
- Work with Clients and Senior Management to perform data analysis and present the results
- Prepare data for conversions, cleansing and reviews
- Work closely with our QA team who runs performance testing
- Work closely with DBA group and other DB experts in the firm on approaches to complex problems
- Escalate appropriate risks/issues to management as needed;
- Communicate to people at multiple levels from developers to senior management.
- 7-10 years of database experience with relational databases such as DB2 and Sybase
- 5+ Years of experience with data modeling tools such as PowerDesigner or Erwin
- 5+ years of experience in database performance tuning (both SQL and changes to data model)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.