A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Prime Brokerage, Funding and Finance Technology (PBFFT) provides technology solutions to Client Financing and Clearing businesses primarily covering Prime Brokerage, Firm-wide Funding and Liquidity Management covering Bank Resource Management (BRM) and Treasury, and Asia & Australia Private Wealth Management. Finance Technology provides innovative solutions for regulatory and financial reporting, the general ledger, profit and loss calculations, securities bookkeeping, budgeting & forecasting, tax filing and resource management that enable time decision making for business users.
We are seeking Database developer to join our Morgan Stanley's General Ledger (GL) Reference data team in Montreal.
The ideal candidates will have strong relational database) and Linux development skill. They are expected to have experience with data modeling, RDBMS programming, data migration and performance tuning. The function requires candidates who are self-sufficient in the provision of design, development, and testing as they will be interacting with developer teams. This would allow collaboration with end users to help develop and modify stored procedures.
The job will involve partnering with different teams within the organization in carrying out the above mentioned duties.
- Undertake performance turning and troubleshooting.
- Data modeling.
- Database programming
- Follow change management, deployment and process/procedure documentation.
- Establish and maintain communication with key players.
This position collaborates with colleagues around the globe. It is essential to have excellent written and verbal communication in addition to good planning and organizational skills and function on relational database.
- 5+ years of experience in the application development lifecycle
- At least 3 years developing UNIX, Perl or Shell scripts
- Good working experience with any one of RDBMS (Sybase, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Must be familiar with developing stored procedures, triggers and performance tuning.
- Expected to have good understanding of database design, development process, understanding of business requirements
- Ability to rewrite complex queries.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and co-ordination skills.
- Production support and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work with remote teams.
- Creative thinking to solve challenges.
- System Architecture and/or Database design skills
- Financial industry knowledge
- Understanding of Autosys
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and dynamic environment.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.