A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
The Trade Enrichment Data Reporting and Allocations group is looking for a talented individual with both database and application development background to join the Client Reference Data Practice Area and contribute to development and maintenance of the database component.
This role is based primarily in the database and application services team where the goal is to create an expertise around database, report development/design, and also build Java applicatons in order to provide this data to downstream clients in an easy to consume manner. The team develops and maintains the databases and reporting infrastructure of ‘Client Reference Data (CRD)’ products including Companies, Accounts, Contacts and client documentation while also building services for clients to consume this data. These products are available on both DB2 and Sybase platforms.
The role will provide exposure to all stages of the systems development life cycle; the successful candidate will take responsibility for key areas of analysis and design, database development and management of projects.
Participation in lively discussion about technical and business issues is common meaning that strong communication skills and willingness to express their own views as well as listen to others is vital.
The role will be part of a global development team located in Canada, USA and India.
- Experience in distributed computing environment, relational database design and development
- Experience in medium to large scale Java applications
- Strong Database skills with understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Experience in SQL optimization
- Strong OO design skills
- Experience with source control tools
- Design methodology and tools
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities between project and non-project work
- Knowledge about QA, Change Management tools
- ETL experience, ideally with Informatica
- Experience working with Sybase or DB2 preferred
- Experience in creation of stored proc, triggers and other database objects
- Scala, Python, GIT experience would be an added bonus
- Unix/Linux, shell scripting or PERL,
- Understanding of Erwin other data modeling tools
- Understanding of Sybase or DB2 replication
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data
- Detail oriented and organized with Strong analytical skills
- Self motivated with strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a "virtual" or Global team
- A good team player and be able to demonstrate integrity and ownership
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.