A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The Network Engineer provides corporate guidance for all computer networking equipment to ensure they are designed, operated and maintained in order to provide secure and efficient service for voice, video and data transmission. The incumbent also owns, designs, maintains, monitors & supports the Corporation’s core networks, network security and perimeter security equipment & services.
HIGHLIGHT OF DUTIES:
• Lead the development and delivery of computer networking and network security systems, in collaboration with regional personnel, peers and other stakeholders.
• Own, design, maintain & support core routers, firewalls, perimeter security appliances and network monitoring systems.
• Coach and support the regions and corporate OT groups’ personnel responsible to maintain other networking or network security equipment.
• Manage core networking equipment and network security equipment financial and material resources.
• Manage maintenance service contracts and software support contracts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other information technology related discipline.
• Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional (CCIP) certification or other Cisco Professional or Expert certifications.
• Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in defining, designing, deploying and supporting network systems for voice, video and data in an office or industrial environment.
• Proven track record in applying computer and network security concepts and systems.
• Sound technical knowledge in networking systems; LAN/MAN/WAN, switches and routing protocols, firewalls, VPN, wireless networks, security appliances and network access security.
• Knowledge of Threat and Risk analysis process and up to date knowledge of the major threats and vulnerabilities.
• Knowledge and experience of financial and project management processes and techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including technical reports, in both official languages.
• Ability to meet the applicable security clearance from Transport Canada.
• Valid driver’s license with an insurable record.
• Ability to consult, influence change and establish effective, productive working relationships internally and with stakeholders.
• Ability to interact effectively with team members, colleagues and customers and work with others in a team environment.
• Ability to analyze, interpret, troubleshoot and apply problem solving techniques using good judgment in the resolution of complex problems.
At the St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation, you’re in the heart of the action!
With our extensive marine transportation network, you will have the opportunity to expand your abilities and talents in an environment that embraces leading-edge technology, a strong business and customer service focus, and a team dedicated to safety and environmental protection.
Would you like to maximize your talents while building a rewarding career? The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation will take you far!
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.