A client of TEKsystems is looking for a Network Analyst who will work well in a fast-paced but casual environment. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, results-driven individual who excels in challenging work and diverse responsibilities.
* Plan, implement, maintain and update network systems and resources
* Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
* Administer the production data-center for maximum efficiency, security, and uptime
* Contribute to technical proposals, specifications, requirements and design documents
* Establishing and documenting process and procedures
* Monitor system health, create baselines and trend capacity requirements
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
* Provides support for system administration and Technical Support Team
* Tier 3 technical support
* Flexible on after hour work and able to participate in 24X7 on-call duties and shift rotation is a requirement
Skills and Experience Required
* Practical hands-on networking (knowledge on configuring access and core routers and switches) and systems administration experience
* Strong Hands-on knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, cabling and internet protocols such as BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, LDP, RSVP etc. and Layer 2 protocols
* 5+ years' experience working in high volume environment, including Operating system installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
* ISP and/or 24x7 operations experience a definite asset
* Excellent troubleshooting skills.
* Superior customer service skills.
* Ability to be agile with fast turnaround times.
* Ability to operate in a fast paced changing environment.
* Motivated, passionate, go-getter.
* Demonstrated relationship management skills, coupled with a high level of professionalism
* Certifications with Cisco and/or Juniper (CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA) preferred. Fortinet experience a definite asset
* In depth knowledge of Linux/Unix and ability to perform scripting is a plus
* Technical degree, JNCIS, and/or CCNP are assets
* Ability to communicate clearly and effortlessly, both verbally and written
* Knowledge of VMWARE an advantage
About TEKsystems :
Join TEKsystems and get your career on the fast track. As one of North America's premiere IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services companies, we provide solutions that work. We actively seek talented IT professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support critical engagements at client sites worldwide. Because of our industry-specific focus, knowledge and connections, we can share highly desirable positions you might not otherwise know about. From customized training and flexible hiring options, to dedicated teams of recruiters working to find you the right opportunity, TEKsystems specializes in IT career management.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems Global Services:
In addition to Staffing and Talent Management, TEKsystems also engages in end-to-end, project-based work. Our teams work together in our facilities, project after project, gaining experience in multiple industries and technologies together. We leverage our own methodologies, tools and people to solve our client’s business problems starting from requirements gathering and ending with production launch, and anything in between. We are a true IT solution provider with a portfolio of services in Applications, Infrastructure and Training. TEKsystems is privately held, allowing us to invest in the long term without worrying about immediate returns like publicly held companies. TEKsystems Global Services is the fastest growing part of TEKsystems with over 250 concurrent engagements and facilities in the U.S, Canada, Europe and Asia.
At TEKsystems we value relationships, open communication, commitment and service to each other, our clients and the community. The personal and professional growth of our employees is important to us and we demonstrate this through a variety of programs and learning opportunities including Industry Certification Programs and voluntary Technology/Development contests where teams of people can collaborate and learn new technology and development techniques. We have scheduled Performance Management Reviews throughout the year to provide feedback and assist individuals in working toward achieving their goals.
Diversity is one of TEKsystems Global Services’ strategic initiatives; because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to provide world class service. Our Montreal Solutions Center is one of the most diverse technical teams assembled, providing a variety of technical expertise and culture that most organizations cannot match. The Center is located in the heart of Montreal, right above McGill Metro Station, making for easy commuting in and out of the city, as well as access to all the city has to offer.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.