A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Have you heard about SherWeb?
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest IT technologies. We’re growing fast, and with tens of thousands of businesses in over 100 countries that rely on our expertise, we’re always on the lookout for top talent! Join our team to be part of a company that’s been awarded the Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency. Are you ready for the challenge?
The Challenge: MS-SQL Database Architect
The Database Architect will work with our Product Development team in our Sherbrooke office. He will participate in the choice of technology, design and applications created for the company by using the latest technologies and collaborating with the team in an AGILE/SCRUM environment. The Database Architect must also promote the transfer of knowledge as well as the team’s participation and innovation in its daily tasks.
• Define the technological architecture with SherWeb’s team
• Participate in the technical definition of the features
• Contribute to the preliminary analysis and opportunities
• Ensure the system’s application is coherent with the company’s business model
• Support and guide the development teams in the implementation phase
• Advise, orient and support the development team in architectural matters
• Coach the team and transfer your knowledge
• Promote innovation and participate in the adoption of new technologies
• Create new features and oversee their implementation
• Participate in the analysis and development of new applications and/or new features on existing applications
• Investigate and help resolve critical and complex problems
• Establish development standards with the team to ensure the sustainable development of the product
• Revise and approve the high-level design of the applications
• Support the functional analysts during the elaboration of specifications by carrying out the required technical feasibility studies
• Develop prototypes and create tests to reduce risks during the implementation of certain features/technologies
• Monitor the technology
• All other tasks related to the organization’s ongoing needs
Training and Experience:
• College or university diploma in Computer Science
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Programmer Analyst, combined with significant experience as an MS SQL Database Architect
• Experience in developing Web applications and “cloud” applications
• Knowledge of.NET and/or Java technologies
• Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming
• Very good knowledge of databases
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft technologies
• Bilingual (spoken and written) (English and French) is considered a major asset
You Have the Following Skills:
• You are analytical and you like to solve complex problems.
• You are competitive and results oriented.
• You value quality, efficiency and the introduction of sustainable solutions.
• You have good communication skills.
• You are eager to learn and innovate.
• You value team work and enjoy transferring your knowledge to others.
• You’re a team leader and have a positive influence on the teams you work with.
• You are self-critical and are constantly looking to improve.
• You are able to adapt to a constantly-changing environment and you like to introduce new ideas.
You Will Enjoy the Following Benefits:
• Permanent, full-time job (40 hours a week)
• Flexible work schedule
• Competitive salary
• Group insurance plan
• Retirement savings plan
Other benefits: opportunity to work with the latest technology, ongoing training, employee assistance program (EAP), reimbursement of professional dues, pleasant and stimulating work environment, dynamic social committee, discounts at a sports centre, etc.
Entry Date: As soon as possible
Looking for a fulfilling job and an opportunity to make your mark in this rapidly-growing industry? We want to discuss your possible future as a member of our energetic team!
To obtain more information or to apply on this position, please visit the CAREERS section of our website. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest technologies in the IT field. We’re growing fast, and with tens of thousands of businesses in over 100 countries trusting our expertise, we’re always on the lookout for the best talent! When you join our team, you’ll even be part of a company that’s been awarded Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.