A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is responsible for delivering essential technology infrastructure solutions to Morgan Stanley’s businesses. EI manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, mainframe servers and databases, distributed computing, wireless technologies, and associated end user capabilities.
Web Infrastructure Operations Specialist
The Web Infrastructure Operations Level 3 team is part of the Enterprise Computing Organization of Morgan Stanley. Our global team is focused on the core infrastructure supporting Application Delivery across Morgan Stanley. This includes supporting a multi-vendor Load Balancer environment responsible for providing services to both internal and external clients. You will integrate into the global follow the sun operations model, which translates to global responsibility for the aforementioned technologies in the respective regions.
Our day-to-day responsibilities also include:
- Supporting a high number of devices and application flows in an enterprise environment providing cloud-like experience for developers
- Using sophisticated network tooling to address network connectivity issues, fault analysis, failure avoidance, and the diagnosis and resolution of any other functionally impacting issues in distributed systems environments
- Working with an in house application management system designed to simplify the deployment and management of application devliery components. Users can model a configuration using the system?s relational data model, control and monitor their services over the network via a GUI console
- Addressing L2 escalations
- Process improvement, automation, scripting
- Writing technical documentation
You will also have the opportunity to work in a virtual global team, including several esteemed SMEs, using Jive, Twiki and SharePoint for collaboration.
- Possess strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, particularly TCP and IP themselves, as well as HTTP and DNS.
- You should also feel comfortable running basic commands in a Linux / Unix environment.
- Deep understand F5 BigIP and A10 Thunder Application Delivery Devices.
- Have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and high pressure situations for outage handling, management or resolution
- Can communicate effectively with various user groups (developers, engineers) as well as remote team members
- Are driven to learn about new technologies, techniques and what it takes to be an integral member of this team
- Experience with at least one major programming language(for example, Perl, Python, Powershell, or C# )
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.