A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of
Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Quality Assurance and Production management (QAPM) provides Quality Assurance, Event Management, Production Management, and End User services to clients within the Firm. QAPM partners with the development teams in other technology divisions to ensure seamless technology delivery to our clients.
QAPM’s goal is to deliver a first-class technology platform by focusing on production stability and delivering excellent end user services. The division supports the evolution of technology platforms and tools, manage and maintain our production plant, and ensure the implementation and adherence to proper operational controls to manage risk.
L2 Application Support Analysts are responsible for ensuring optimal performance and stability of Front Office pricing, trading, and risk management applications across multiple product lines at Morgan Stanley.
The role offers a fast-paced and interesting mix of technical and business challenges, allowing the holder to develop an in-depth understanding of Morgan Stanley’s trading technologies and businesses. While direct experience with these systems and business lines is not essential, the role requires these skills and knowledge to be developed over time. The VP role is responsible for hands-on local management, oversight, and leadership of the Equity Risk support group in Montreal.
The team operates on a global, follow-the-sun basis that includes weekend coverage on rotation.
· Monitor and respond to user-reported issues as well as infrastructure alerts promptly and professionally; ensure issues are tracked through to resolution.
· Manage proactive ready-for-business checks, identify and fix gaps, and respond promptly to failures.
· Ensure efficient incident management, ensuring accurate communication to impacted groups and timely resolution.
· Facilitate root cause investigations and manage the implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
· Partner with development teams to drive stability, operational excellence, and a culture of efficiency.
· Ensure team knowledge is current and forward-looking.
· Respond to regulatory and compliance issues with urgency.
· Liaise with external technology vendors and exchanges to coordinate changes and resolve connectivity and market data issues.
· Review, execute, and verify production changes in strict accordance with procedures defined in change documents.
· Take an active role in planned technology events, i.e. business continuity tests, ensuring recovery procedures are accurate and complete.
· Leverage tools and resources available within the firm to simplify, automate, or eliminate inefficiencies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university
· 2-3 years experience in a leadership position covering local or regional responsibility over support groups
· Strong understanding of server, storage, MQ, and application technologies (Java, .NET, C++)
· Able to troubleshoot, problem solver, analytical
· Proficiency with Linux
· Strong SQL databases experience such as Sybase, DB2, Oracle); able to search log files and compose SQL queries.
· Network diagnostic skills and experience with networks and realtime messaging technologies (multicast, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP)
· Strong scripting skills, like Perl, Python, or UNIX shell.
· Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
· Experience providing application support for mission-critical applications
· Understanding of electronic and/or algorithmic trading systems
· Experience with Market Data providers (i.e. Reuters, Bloomberg) and related concepts
· Good working knowledge of trading and risk management business concepts
· Working knowledge of FIX protocol
· Familiarity with job scheduling tools (Autosys) and version control tools (Perforce/Clear Case)
· ITIL v3 Certification
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.