A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for the architecture of a software solution to be implemented by a development team of which the architect is a member
* Responsible for designing, documenting, and implementing the components, software, and layers required for complex software implementations based on requirements and design specifications
* Works with the software development team to estimate, plan, design, and deliver software
* Mentors and coaches other team members in design, coding, and software engineering practices
* Understands the architectural direction and standards of the organization and helps to ensure that the team adheres to them appropriately
* Participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from initial requirements gathering to delivery
* Leads the initial architecture elaboration effort at the beginning of the project and supports the initial requirements collection effort (particularly when it comes to understanding and evolving the non-functional requirements for the solution)
* Guides evolution of the architecture throughout the construction of the software
* As a member of the Enterprise Architecture Group, supports the Application Development Practice in establishing, promoting, and governing the standards and practices used across software development projects
* Participates in pre-sales activities, including development of proposed architecture and estimation of work effort
* 5+ years of software development experience
* 2+ years of development experience in Java
* 2+ years of experience as an Architect
* Experience working with an Agile methodology and iterative development
* Experience with practices such as unit testing, static analysis, and build automation
* Experience in mentoring and coaching employees
* Good communication skills
* Good leadership skills
* Must be able to still code
* Have strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience, and the ability to carefully walk a user through problem resolution steps either remotely or in person
* "Embrace the Unknown" ability - be able to research and self-learn new concepts and ideas and then share them with the rest of the technical team
* Expert in handling incidents/change requests ranging from at all levels of complexities with the instinctive ability to identify when to escalate an issue to the next level of support
* Ability to prioritize/assign tasks, for themselves and/or more junior team members, in the most effective manner in order to deliver solutions in a timely manner of high quality
* Ability to effectively document/design complex software design approaches and suggests alternative solutions
* Ability to mentor junior team members effectively
* Ability to report team metrics of tasks assigned/completed (when applicable)
* Proactive attitude
* Very good inter-people skills to effectively interface with customers
* Team player and ability to work individually
* Very strong communication skills in both English and French, both spoken and written
* Able to work in a diversified environment
* Fast learner
* 5+ years experience in Software Development
* Bachelor's degree /4-year college degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
About TEKsystems :
Join TEKsystems and get your career on the fast track. As one of North America's premiere IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services companies, we provide solutions that work. We actively seek talented IT professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support critical engagements at client sites worldwide. Because of our industry-specific focus, knowledge and connections, we can share highly desirable positions you might not otherwise know about. From customized training and flexible hiring options, to dedicated teams of recruiters working to find you the right opportunity, TEKsystems specializes in IT career management.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
TEKsystems Global Services:
In addition to Staffing and Talent Management, TEKsystems also engages in end-to-end, project-based work. Our teams work together in our facilities, project after project, gaining experience in multiple industries and technologies together. We leverage our own methodologies, tools and people to solve our client’s business problems starting from requirements gathering and ending with production launch, and anything in between. We are a true IT solution provider with a portfolio of services in Applications, Infrastructure and Training. TEKsystems is privately held, allowing us to invest in the long term without worrying about immediate returns like publicly held companies. TEKsystems Global Services is the fastest growing part of TEKsystems with over 250 concurrent engagements and facilities in the U.S, Canada, Europe and Asia.
At TEKsystems we value relationships, open communication, commitment and service to each other, our clients and the community. The personal and professional growth of our employees is important to us and we demonstrate this through a variety of programs and learning opportunities including Industry Certification Programs and voluntary Technology/Development contests where teams of people can collaborate and learn new technology and development techniques. We have scheduled Performance Management Reviews throughout the year to provide feedback and assist individuals in working toward achieving their goals.
Diversity is one of TEKsystems Global Services’ strategic initiatives; because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to provide world class service. Our Montreal Solutions Center is one of the most diverse technical teams assembled, providing a variety of technical expertise and culture that most organizations cannot match. The Center is located in the heart of Montreal, right above McGill Metro Station, making for easy commuting in and out of the city, as well as access to all the city has to offer.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.