A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT)
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. In addition, ICT provides technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
The team develops applications to provide services for Morgan Stanley’s Global Product Controllers and to post accounting details to the General Ledger. These applications include a feature-rich Windows UI, highly flexible and scalable services, large scale online analytical processing of large datasets and warehouse reporting. The technology team practices agile development and uses multiple JVM languages including Scala, Java and Groovy.
The team is working a front-to-back initiative to consolidate accounting information flow and provide major control functions. It addresses regulatory and audit findings thematically, providing an efficient framework for better control and reporting over time. The objectives of the projects include:
- Consolidate sourcing, integrating and verifying of information across Control Functions.
- Post to the General Ledger from that same repository, allowing easy drill-back to the underlying business events.
- Enable continued business process integration within and across Control Functions.
You will be expected to work as a member of the development team and participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, with automated testing, tools, and shared libraries development. The ideal candidate will possess solid technical and problem solving skills as well as the drive to learn more about the business and new technologies. Candidate should be open to work from front to back on applications and must have a sound grasp of development best practices and system architecture. She/he will be expected to drive standardization and architecture discussion across the team and be responsible for high quality implementations. Expertise in any one of the following business domain would be preferable: Accounting, Finance and Control Functions.
- 5+ years software development experience in Java – or Scala
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, and collaboration skills.
- Database experience such as SQL, RDBMS etc.
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Experience working in an agile team with focus on continued integration and automated testing
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure Experience working on large and medium scale projects in an agile environment
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with a functional programming language
- Python or similar scripting language
- Gradle build tool
- Experience with mixture of new and legacy systems.
- Experience building high volume and resilient systems
- Experience with multithreaded and/or reactive programming in Akka
- Experience with web development using AngularJS framework
- Experience with UI development in .NET/ C#
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.