A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
Client Reference Data team has commenced on several strategic initiatives to better our technology and data management platform. These initiatives involve building state of the art solutions using industry standard architectural methodologies such as Business Process Management, Business Rules Management, Event Driven MOM, Service Oriented Architecture as well as MDM for data management and Business Intelligence Reporting infrastructure. This position represents a unique opportunity to work with latest technologies as well as work with various IT and Business teams across the firm.
This position focuses on reference data related to client documentation and client business rule calculation. We require a strong Java developer to improve our business rules engine, business rules repository, and business rule visualization tools. This position is involved with every facet of software development, from requirement analysis; design and development to helping the team continuously improve its agile development practices. The position is part of a global team. The platform has a long history. In addition to Java development it is useful to have familiarity with C++, Perl and shell scripting.
- Java EE and Core Java
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with Web Service Development and Services Oriented Architecture
- XML Technologies such as JAXB
- Spring framework
- Working knowledge of Databases including Design, SQL proficiency, and Stored Procedure creation
- Ability to coordinate with multiple groups, both internal and external to the firm, including offshore development and QA teams, internal infrastructure groups, vendors, and support teams.
- Strong development skills with ability to understand technical design and translate the same into workable solution.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and work on the same to meet business requirements.
- Strong problem solving
- Experience with XML such XSLT, XPath, and XQuery
- Perl and Shell Scripting (such as ksh)
- JBoss/Drools (or other functional/declarative programing technologies)
- Web UI JS Framework such as EXTjs or AngularJS
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.