A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is responsible for delivering essential technology infrastructure solutions to Morgan Stanley’s businesses. EI manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, mainframe servers and databases, distributed computing, wireless technologies, and associated end user capabilities.
We are looking for a motivated and talented individual for server-side application development using modern software development paradigms (RESTful services, SOAP, MQ, etc) in Java. Candidate will join a global dynamic high energy team. Team is focused on the development and maintenance of a high capacity distributed system written in Java that has thousands of end users. Candidate must comfortable working on any layer of the full stack from the database to the web user interface.
Roles and responsibilities
The candidate will part of a software development team and will be involved in the creation and maintenance of various frontend/backend systems including middleware components, web user interface, and infrastructure components.
1. Design & implement new applications, enhance and support existing
2. Utilize strong object oriented design & programming skills to implement distributed systems of a multi-tier architecture.
3. Work closely with internal clients and developers to deliver solutions.
4. Will have the opportunity to participate in system integration efforts and requirements gathering for projects involving multiple teams and systems.
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux based systems, APIs and shell scripting.
- Strong enterprise SQL skills
- Knowledge of distributed systems, SOA, Web Services, Multi-threading, Hibernate and Spring framework.
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A Team Player
- At least 3 year work experience on Java
- Education: Bachelor degree of computer science, computer/software engineering or application related.
- Perl or Python
- Knowledge of MQ Series
- Knowledge of ExtJS
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.