A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI)
EI is that global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
Enterprise Systems Management (ESM) is responsible for engineering enterprise systems and tools across Technology and Data for internal Morgan Stanley users for system management purposes. Systems we are responsible for include:
- Data Management: asset and configuration management
- Service management: automation, orchestration, service catalog, problem, incident, performance & change management, capacity planning
- Event Management: monitoring, log-collection, correlation, analysis
- Visualization: analytics & user interfaces.
Our team tackles multiple converging projects through event driven programming to create capacity planning and alerting tools. These tools collect and process events, metrics and logs from all Morgan Stanley infrastructure.
Part of the responsibilities is to onboard new, internal customers Logging as a Service (LaaS) and eventually other strategic monitoring solutions. This involves working closely with the customers on capturing their requests and use cases, identifying the correct solution and then supporting the customer throughout the onboarding process.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Capturing sufficient detail in customers request to enable onboarding to be seen through to completion
- End user onboarding issue troubleshooting and guidance.
- Providing a high level of customer satisfaction through being responsive and organized
- Providing timely feedback to engineering, development and production management
- Regards the effectiveness of product onboarding tools and documentation
- Act as an interface between L2 and Engineering to continuously improve LaaS production plant health, performance and monitoring.
- Identify and implement opportunities to automate, improve LaaS production plant operations.
- Detecting opportunities to automate to improve timeliness and reduce error rates in onboarding
- Meeting service level agreements (SLAs) for turning around onboarding requests and escalating where SLAs cannot be met (e.g. due to capacity constraints or system faults)
- The role requires being part of the on call rotation. Level 3 provides emergency call-out for urgent customer issues 24 / 7.
We'd like to hear from you if you have / are:
- Hands-on experience with operational support or onboarding
- Previous experience in a customer facing role (internal or external)
- Interested on learning new technologies like Apache Kafka and Splunk
- Effective communication skills demonstrated via prior successful liaison with technical customers or stakeholder groups
- The ability and drive to analyze and solve problems
- High degree of autonomy (post-training), being able to coordinate activities across multiple teams
- Execution-focused, capable of overcoming obstacles (with management support)
- It will be advantage for you to have administrative or development experience in Linux/Unix environments and good knowledge of the SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle).
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.