A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The challenge we’ve got for you
At Boréalis, Developers work together as part of the product development team in order to build a rich, enjoyable and captivating user experience. Avid followers of the latest web and mobile technologies, challenges do not scare them and they’re always on the lookout for new trends. Their number one ambition is to build high quality applications and to push the limits of their skills on a daily basis. With a young and dynamic work environment, a flexible schedule and the possibility of telecommuting, career development opportunities are limitless!
Our SaaS application (also named Boréalis) is a key tool to numerous companies with projects around the world. Our back-end is in Node.js and backed by other technologies (HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Backbone, JQuery, PostgreSQL, Less, etc.).
We work with Agile methodology and teams of about 5 individuals. The development cycle using review codes (JIRA , Git and Jenkins) and other different tests allows us to deploy on our production servers on a monthly basis.
A day in the shoes of a Developer at Boréalis:
- Conceive innovative business applications.
- Conceptualize and generate the front end of the application using the Backbone.js library.
- Implement technical processes within the system, which is built on the Node.js platform.
- Analyze desired functionalities.
- Contribute to planning and estimating time for tasks of sprints.
- Cooperate to the continuous improvement process of the software.
- Develop high performance web services for the management of mapping data (GIS), business intelligence and integration of external applications.
- Assure the quality of the application and deliverables.
The profile we’re looking for:
- Creative and autonomous person who has the ability to work as part of a team.
- Keen interest in new technologies.
- Ease to work with the Agile methodology as part of a team.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience as an intern or employee for a similar position.
- Collegial-level studies (Collegial diploma in Computer science).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Management, or Computer Engineering (an asset).
- Knowledge of Node.js, Backbone, Bootstrap (an asset).
What technologies do we use?
What does the organizational chart look like?
Boréalis is a well-established company that succeeded in preserving its start-up mentality. On a day-to-day basis, this reflects in our management style, which is horizontal rather than hierarchical.
Founded in Magog in 2004, Boréalis is a young, dynamic and growing company that is characterized by a passion to develop software to help clients ensure their projects have a positive impact on their communities. Our intuitive web (and mobile) application is for multinationals working across a variety of industries, including extractives, renewables, utilities and transport. Our mission is to simplify communications between projects and their stakeholders.
Why should you join the team? You’re a dynamic, creative individual who would thrive as part of collaborative team that drives the evolution of a product. You’re looking for a stimulating job, responsibilities that meet your potential and want to be actively involved in a motivated team.
The Boréalis Application counts nearly 3,000 users who are working on projects in over 30 countries. It is the worldwide leader of stakeholder relationship management.
Boréalis offers a stakeholder management tool that centralizes all communications with project stakeholders, supports business processes, and provides accurate reporting on operations. We help organizations carry out their stakeholder engagement plan. The application allows teams (from executives to operations) to better plan, analyze, measure, and report on activities: manage large amounts of data, demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements, efficiently report on activities, visualize assets (including hot sports and rising issues), and generate institutional memory. Boréalis counts numerous partnerships with local organizations around the world, a win-win approach that combines international expertise with local know-how.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.