A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Alteo is looking for an Embedded Software Developer for a permanent job based in Montreal (West Island).
- Responsible for preparing new Linux based distributions, managing patches / upgrades and further developing the build infrastructure for the terminals.
- Responsible for testing, packaging and maintaining software components for the terminals.
- Work with component manufacturers for developing drivers/custom libraries to support Securus’s applications on the terminal.
- Work with the Architecture, Capacity and Operations team to adequately monitor and manage the terminals in the field.
- Develop custom shell scripts that are needed to support the application and/or monitoring requirements.
- Serve as an expert software engineer on a team of various disciplines, working closely with industrial design, mechanical, manufacturing and field support.
- Develop system firmware, low level server interface with firmware, and Linux applications including UI implementation.
- Evaluate electrical design prototypes, and execute necessary test plans.
- Bare-metal support structures (bootloader, flash management, etc.)
- BAC in IT, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience firmware design, specifically embedded Linux with ARM and X86 architectures.
- Experience coding in C/C++ on Linux, using UI frameworks (e.g. Qt), networking frameworks, and databases (e.g. SQL)
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (Perl, Python, Tcl/Tk, Unix shell)
- Experience with Linux kernel, file-system, and driver architecture.
- Experience in ultra-low-power embedded system design and development
- Understanding of processor and hardware requirements around embedded Linux.
- Experience with multi-site configurations in systems engineering.
- Good communication skills, self-starter with energy and problem-solving abilities
- Driven and motivated self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to resolve operations issues
- iOS or Android development experience is a plus
- Good communication skills in English
Alteo is a recruitment agency specialized in IT based in Montreal. With more than 30 years of cumulated experience, our team of senior recruiters has the expertise to deliver superior results and meet the highest expectations. Thoroughness, discretion and confidentiality are at the core of our approach.
To employers, we offer a full range of IT staffing solutions: recruitment of permanent IT professionals, staffing of IT consultants, head hunting.
We also help our candidates achieve their personal career goals. At Alteo, what motivates us above all is to find the perfect fit between our clients’ needs and our candidates’ aspirations.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.