A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT)
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. In addition, ICT provides technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
We are seeking software developers to join our Morgan Stanley IRD (Interest Rate Derivatives) technology team to build solutions and provide services for our Institutional Securities customers. The team is focused on delivering the technology that allows Morgan Stanley to continue to grow its highly successful derivative trading businesses - a key growth area for the Firm.
Our team develops Pricing and Risk Calculation infrastructure for the Fixed Income Derivatives businesses on a grid computing platform comprising thousands of CPU cores and many Terabytes of RAM. We’re using the latest cloud computing, distributed caching and NoSQL technologies to provide highly scalable and performance-critical solutions for the Firm’s derivatives trading businesses.
This role would manage a small and growing team based in Montreal focused on the development of new functionalities as well as enhancements. This role requires a strong Java/Scala developer with leadership experience and with a desire to develop highly scalable and concurrent systems within a global team and to learn about the Fixed Income Derivative and Cash businesses. We develop Risk, P&L and Valuation Adjustment functionalities in both our existing Java risk platforms and the new Scala based risk system so you can expect to work on both Scala and Java codebases. We are looking for practical technologists who demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and enjoy all aspects of software development.
This position is based in Montreal
- More than 5 years experience in C# and .NET
- Strong Java or Scala skills with 5+ years of experience writing production code
- Understanding of concurrency and experience working with multithreaded / distributed systems
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, design patterns and collections
- Willingness and desire to continue learning new skills and technologies
- Self-motivated with strong track record of personal delivery
- Experience leading a small team of developers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fixed Income business knowledge or willingness to learn the business
- Risk systems development experience: optimizing or developing Valuation, Risk or P&L calculations
- Experience developing distributed, real-time, performance-critical, highly available, or large-scale systems
- Experience in functional programming
- Version control, preferably with Perforce or Git
- Unix basics
- Experience in either IntelliJ or Eclipse IDE
- Unit testing and unit testing frameworks
Salary min 80,000.00$ Max 100,000.00$
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.