A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The Director of Programs Management Office will provide the necessary leadership to professionals such as Project Managers, Program Managers, Proposal/Capture Managers or Product Owners. The focus is on ensuring the consistent and efficient delivery of all Adacel’s commitments to its customers. Duties will include implementation and continuous improvement of the program reporting structure, procedures and processes. Focus is on providing a positive work environment allowing for excellence every day.
This position also has collateral duty to be an active member on the Management Team. As a member of the Management Team, the Director of Programs Management Office gives the leadership required to achieve the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives. The responsibilities will include strategic plan development, long term company growth initiatives and collaborative departmental day to day execution of company goals.
• Consolidate Department and Adacel’ s reputation by increased accountability in the department for all of its teams.
• Recommend the yearly budget to the VP of Finance for approval, and prudently manages the department’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations, resulting in appropriate margins.
• Effectively manage the human resources of the department according to authorized personnel policies and procedures.
• Effectively support and coordinate with other departments such as Business Development, Engineering, Operations.
• Implement, manage and evaluate processes and procedures, in accordance with the standards and procedures set out by the organization.
• Execute and distribute key information such as monthly reports, performance status report content.
• Establish the PMO office and ensure its effective communication and visibility into program status.
• Ensure the delivery of all Adacel’s commitments, within agreed dates and budgets.
• Ensure the delivery of projects and programs to allow for effective contribution to product roadmaps.
• Extensive experience in management of a team/department.
• Graduate diploma in related field.
• Master of PMI principles and guidelines.
• Successful experience in setting up a PMO.
• Core Competencies for Adacel Directors such as:
o Team contribution
o Team consultation
o Change management
o Strategic Thinking
o Communicating the vision
o Sales business acumen
• Experience throughout the program lifecycle, from concept development through sustainment to include: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work, subcontract management, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts in the areas of cost reduction and performance enhancement.
• A successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense programs as a prime or sub-contractor to a domestic or foreign military organization, with multiple goals of schedule, cost and quality.
• A demonstrated ability to manage projects involving large software development efforts.
• Experience in managing various contract types – both fixed price and cost reimbursement types.
• Experience following ISO and CMMI level 3 processes and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to develop and manage departmental budgets.
• The ability to travel domestically and internationally, and to obtain a government security clearance.
• Experience in simulation, training, avionics, or systems integration. Air traffic control experience a plus.
Adacel is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you want to grow with a top-level international high-tech leader?
Adacel is recognized for its innovative software solutions for operational air traffic management (ATM) and air traffic control (ATC) simulation and training.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.