A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
UI developer with the Securitized Products Group (SPG) responsible for the core applications that enable bond traders to manage trades/positions, calculate P&L, assess bond valuations and determine risk. Additionally the role involves providing technology for the various auxiliary functions that support the trading desk. This position, that of strong UI developer, encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Working closely with end-users (traders) on a project from understanding their requirements right the way through the software development lifecycle to the eventual roll-out
- Engaging end-users to identify new requirements, strategic direction and highlight issues
- Working closely with the other members of the SPG team to identify and employ solutions to best support the trading desk
- Working closely with the global SPG team to identify and employ strategic UI solutions that best support the needs of the overall team
- Providing level 3 support for the traders on trading and risk-related issues
To support these responsibilities, SPG team members must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, SPG developers are expected to work both collaboratively with other developers and also independently, with minimal supervision, meeting the deadlines and commitments agreed with the desk. To support a fast-paced trading desk, they must have a strong sense of dedication and willingness to take ownership of issues and as Morgan Stanley employees they will be expected to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct and practice.
- 5+ years professional C# experience developing windows applications
- 2-3 years professional experience using WPF
- Strong computer science background i.e. multithreading, asynchronous programming
- Strong core C# i.e. .NET 3.5 and later, knowledge of TPL and LINQ
- Fundamental understanding of WPF design patterns e.g. MVVM
- Understanding of dependency injection paradigms i.e. Unity, PRISM
- Understanding of distributed systems i.e. UI, business-logic layer, database layer
- Comfortable working with XML and other types of structured data
- Capable of writing/maintaining and optimizing SQL (queries, sps, views, joins etc.)
- Good Communicator, being able to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Track record of building, delivering and maintaining a front office .NET UI application
Desired Skills :
- Knowledge of Bond or Fixed Income trading systems
- Advanced .NET topics (e.g. dependency injection, IoC, reflection)
- Sybase experience
- Scripting skills (e.g. Perl, Python, Shell scripts)
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.