A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
This position is within the Client Reference Data Group. CRDis responsible for creating and managing the data architecture that enables the firm to develop and use enterprise referential data (ref data) to perform end-to-end business processing, regulatory and risk management, and develop dynamic client and sales reporting. CRDs current scope of ref data management includes Clients and Accounts, Organizational Data, Documents, Products, Legal Entity, and Static Reference data across the entire firm.
The Data Quality Lead / Business Analyst - Data Quality & Governance will;
- Manage the execution of the Data Quality Program (i.e. manage issues to closure, back up Senior manager, etc.)
- Assist in the definition of governance structure, policies, processes and metrics to improve and maintain the quality and ownership of data (including data owners, stewards and administrators). Data Quality and Governance subject matter expertise a must.
- Provide recommendations and best practices for data element, data definitions, business rule writing, and metadata management procedures
- Have a high knowledge and understanding of Data Quality tools that exist in the industry and how they are used. (preferably Informatica IDQ)
- Assess, design and implement internal control frameworks around data management, data governance and data quality within complex system landscapes
- Must be self-sufficient and provide thought leadership in the data governance arena
- Must have the ability to put together executive level presentation materials
- Expert SQL skills a must
- Help build a data integration team which will analyze and develop stored procedures for firmwide consumption of reference data
- Understand and have the ability to develop stored procedures
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Previous leadership of a small team (at least 3 to 5)
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- Expertise and thought leadership around Data Governance and Data Quality
- Understanding of metadata management, data profiling and data quality rules
- Working knowledge of Data Quality tool capability (Informatica IDQ, SQL)
- Experience writing stored procedures
- Understanding of Master Data Management (MDM) and Reference Data Management
- Self-sufficient and capable of interacting with senior management
- Expertise in presentation design and delivery
- Proven experience in project management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to communicate with global users
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.